Ramblings
Now that the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holidays are over I can find the time to update you all on the goings-on around here.
We had a wonderful Christmas as I hope all of you did as well. Due to family travel issues we actually celebrated Christmas on the 26th so everyone could be there. We had it at our home this year but thankfully my mom helped with all the cooking! I think everyone loved their gifts and had a nice time.
My daughter is still off school. They have two weeks off this year! I think I have enough things planned for next week to keep us from being bored. Of course she's been anxious to get to the ice rink and has also spent some of her many gift cards, although she still has quite a few of them left. She's a real saver (much like I was at that age) and makes sure she gives a lot of thought to what she wants to spend them on.
I'm sure all of you in the colder climates will enjoy the fact that we have been having an entire month of unseasonably cold weather here in the desert. All of December has been at least 10 degrees colder than normal and we've had a few frosts at night too. Hopefully our plants won't die but we'll just have to wait and see. Even our dog is walking around in a sweater! She curls up in a tight little ball to try and warm herself up and finds any blanket she can to lay on. I know most of you have weather much colder than we're experiencing but you have to remember that we aren't used to the 20's and 30's at night! And highs in the low 50's? That's more like February. The forecast is calling for upper 60's on New Year's Day...that's more like it. After all, we move here to be warm, right?
We had a wonderful Christmas as I hope all of you did as well. Due to family travel issues we actually celebrated Christmas on the 26th so everyone could be there. We had it at our home this year but thankfully my mom helped with all the cooking! I think everyone loved their gifts and had a nice time.
My daughter is still off school. They have two weeks off this year! I think I have enough things planned for next week to keep us from being bored. Of course she's been anxious to get to the ice rink and has also spent some of her many gift cards, although she still has quite a few of them left. She's a real saver (much like I was at that age) and makes sure she gives a lot of thought to what she wants to spend them on.
I'm sure all of you in the colder climates will enjoy the fact that we have been having an entire month of unseasonably cold weather here in the desert. All of December has been at least 10 degrees colder than normal and we've had a few frosts at night too. Hopefully our plants won't die but we'll just have to wait and see. Even our dog is walking around in a sweater! She curls up in a tight little ball to try and warm herself up and finds any blanket she can to lay on. I know most of you have weather much colder than we're experiencing but you have to remember that we aren't used to the 20's and 30's at night! And highs in the low 50's? That's more like February. The forecast is calling for upper 60's on New Year's Day...that's more like it. After all, we move here to be warm, right?



7 Comments:
OH! I thought everyone with breathing problems moved to AZ...now you tell me it's for the warm weather and sunshine?!? Hmmmm...may want to consider Florida then. I hear BUBBIE has an extra room you could move into...LOL
Linda D. in shivering cold Seattle (40 degrees)
Braincheese: I think AZ used to be a haven for those with respiratory ailments decades ago, but not now. My asthma got much worse since moving here. Go figure!
Today, here in IL it was a brisk high of 30. By Tuesday they say the high will be 14. My hands and feet haven't been warm since the beginning of November. I think my sons words today when he came in from outside was "holy crap it is getting cold."
Sharon
Sharon: Holy crap! That IS cold!
Glad to hear you had such a great Christmas and that all of your family could be together. That is always nice. :) My Grandma is in Whittmann and has also mentioned how cold it is there. Hopefully the new year will bring you some warmer weather?! Take care of yourself.
Jaime
I won't say I'm so glad I don't live in AZ. Wait. I think I just did...oops.
Me bad.
Happy New Year's!
Hey ... happy new years ... it's freezing cold here in Pennsyltucky.
Post a Comment
<< Home