One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year, Same Old Me

So it's the new year once again and all I can hope for is more of the same. Instead of being one of those people with lofty goals and aspirations for the new year I just hope this year is no worse than the last. What I mean by that is not that last year was bad...I just hope things will be at least like the past year. I don't do the whole resolution thing and I don't have dreams of what I hope this year has in store for me. I just want to be content.
Does the fact that I'm content with the hum drum make me boring? Unmotivated? I'd like to think it's that I'm satisfied with my life the way it is. I don't need to quit smoking, lose weight, exercise more or do any of that stuff all the T.V. people are shoving down my throat. I have my faults but a silly resolution isn't going to fix that and besides...who doesn't have any faults? I just want to be content and if content equals boring and unmotivated then so be it.

8 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I personally rather enjoy the current YOU and wouldn't want YOU to change a thing!

Happy 2008...

Linda D. in Seattle

11:40 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

"Does the fact that I'm content with the hum drum make me boring? Unmotivated? I'd like to think it's that I'm satisfied with my life the way it is."


Sometimes, it's hard to want for more.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda D.: aww shucks...

MDMHVONPA: I know what you mean. It always makes me think I may jinx things...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

In some respects, I agree.

It would be nice to get by, not get any worse and eat and drink myself into a senseless stupor (and my wife provides me with plenty of, uh, fodder. :-)

But I'm just too driven for that. There's some thing that drives me to tell everybody around me so they don't make the same mistakes I did.

Hence I'm blogging and podcasting. :-)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: I have my moments where I'm driven but they seem to be too few and far between these days. I'm glad you are keeping up the podcasting thing and that you have the motivation to do it. You give me hope...lol

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I don't think that not making resolutions means you are boring or unmotivated. Actually I think the opposite. I am not big on resolutions either as I don't see the point. I figure take things day by day and do your best. :)

Happy New Year!
Jaime

8:26 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jaime: Thanks...my feelings exactly. :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Bubbie said...

Being content is a good thing. Much of the unhappiness in the world is from those who feel the need/desire for more, more, more. And even then they are rarely content. Enjoy your life and your family. Contentment is Budda-like. It is the most fulfilling.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter