Back To The Doctor
We are headed back to the doctor's office this morning. My daughter is not feeling too much improvement, if any. She was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection on Monday and has been on an antibiotic since then. The diagnosis was made my a urine dipstick that showed microscopic white blood cells in her urine.
This morning I awoke to see my daughter's bathroom light was on well before it was time for her to get up. I thought she was probably nauseous (which she still is) but I walked in and was horrified. She had a bloody nose so bad that it was literally pouring out of her nose, running down her hands and into the sink. Then huge blood clots just kept coming out from far back in her nasal passage (sorry to be so graphic). We just kept pulling and pulling and they just kept coming out. It was shocking. I ran downstairs to get my husband (who has no squeamishness about blood) and he sat right down in the hallway dizzy after he saw this. I tried not to look panicked. It lasted for about 30 minutes and the blood was so dark red it was almost black. I am concerned that this may be why she has blood in her urine?
Hopefully it will just be a burst vessel, but my mother has a history of ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) and severe anemia so naturally I'm a bit concerned. I just have a gut feeling that there has been blood draining into her stomach for the past few days. You know when you can tell your child isn't "herself". She has been so lethargic. I'm not trying to diagnose my own child but I'd rather know this stuff than be unprepared.
I'll let you know something when I do.
This morning I awoke to see my daughter's bathroom light was on well before it was time for her to get up. I thought she was probably nauseous (which she still is) but I walked in and was horrified. She had a bloody nose so bad that it was literally pouring out of her nose, running down her hands and into the sink. Then huge blood clots just kept coming out from far back in her nasal passage (sorry to be so graphic). We just kept pulling and pulling and they just kept coming out. It was shocking. I ran downstairs to get my husband (who has no squeamishness about blood) and he sat right down in the hallway dizzy after he saw this. I tried not to look panicked. It lasted for about 30 minutes and the blood was so dark red it was almost black. I am concerned that this may be why she has blood in her urine?
Hopefully it will just be a burst vessel, but my mother has a history of ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura) and severe anemia so naturally I'm a bit concerned. I just have a gut feeling that there has been blood draining into her stomach for the past few days. You know when you can tell your child isn't "herself". She has been so lethargic. I'm not trying to diagnose my own child but I'd rather know this stuff than be unprepared.
I'll let you know something when I do.



6 Comments:
I hope you get satisfactory results at the doctor's today. Best of wishes, Anne
Anne: Doctor did bloodwork so we'll see what comes of it. Also have an appointment with a nose doctor in a couple days. Thanks for your well wishes!
I get so inpatient waiting for results. I just want to know right of way what we are dealing with. Hang in there. How is your daughter handing all this?
Sharon: My daughter is getting very upset and frustrated as she feels soooooo horrible. I'm on the ragged edge too.
Praying for your daughter ... hopefully it's just the same malady that I suffered from as a child. Dry air gave my bleeders up in the sinuses during the winter. They would bleed for HOURS.
MDMHVONPA: Thanks for your prayers. It is very much appreciated.
Post a Comment
<< Home