The Other Spring Break
As my readers know, my daughter was on Spring Break last week. My step-son has been here this week for his Spring Break and let's just say it could have been better. He got here Sunday morning and promptly went to bed because he said he was tired from the trip. I can see that, because his mom always books his flights either well before the crack of dawn or a close to midnight as she possible can (are you noting the scarcasm?). Turns out he wasn't tired, he was sick. Great. Really great. Sore throat, runny nose and to top it all off, pink eye. What a fun Spring Break! He's almost better now though, just in time to leave well before the crack of dawn Saturday morning.
It's bad enough that his break didn't coincide with my daughter's so at least he could have someone to play with but instead he's here all morning just hanging around watching T.V. At least my husband is working only half-days this week so they can get out of the house and go do something.
My niece and him are the same age so they get along great. She is on her Middle School basketball team and boy do they suck! It's hilarious how bad they are. They routinely get beat like 40-2 or 60-8. They were all psyched because they scored double digits last night! All the girls are afraid of the ball and nobody wants it. Their shots are not even close to the basket. Nothing like air-balls that land a full 3 feet shy of the rim. So sad it's funny. The kids had a blast cheering her and her team on. What a riot!
I'm going to go now and enjoy this wonderful Spring day and bask in the warmth of the 85 degrees predicted for today. Jealous?
It's bad enough that his break didn't coincide with my daughter's so at least he could have someone to play with but instead he's here all morning just hanging around watching T.V. At least my husband is working only half-days this week so they can get out of the house and go do something.
My niece and him are the same age so they get along great. She is on her Middle School basketball team and boy do they suck! It's hilarious how bad they are. They routinely get beat like 40-2 or 60-8. They were all psyched because they scored double digits last night! All the girls are afraid of the ball and nobody wants it. Their shots are not even close to the basket. Nothing like air-balls that land a full 3 feet shy of the rim. So sad it's funny. The kids had a blast cheering her and her team on. What a riot!
I'm going to go now and enjoy this wonderful Spring day and bask in the warmth of the 85 degrees predicted for today. Jealous?



14 Comments:
42 and windy here. I hate you!
No sign of spring here yet.
Anne: Oooh...sorry to hear you are having such cold weather. I'll try sending some warm sun your way....:)
The 7th grade girls basketball team was actually better than the boys at Mitchell's school. I have never seen such aggressive girls. Enjoy your weather. It is a wondersul 48 and sunny day today. But of course they are predicting 5-7 inches of snow for tonight. Just when I was getting out of that gloomy post winter weather mood.
Sharon: Snow!? Yikes! I'm so sorry for you. Like I told Anne, I'll try and send some good weather your way (if only that really worked).
We may hit 45' in Seattle. But I thnk I wold die in 85'...my COLLEGE team was so bad I don't think it ever won a game--first year coach. And in high school we didn't even HAVE a girls team...and that was INDIANA! Yea for progress.
Diane: I'm glad I don't live in Seattle! I'm a sun worshipper if there ever was one!
No girls B-Ball team? In the Hoosier state?! My niece's coach doesn't know the first thing about basketball...I don't know where they found her...
You know, I've always admired kids that just want to play and winning means nothing to them.
(Though I wonder about those girls who didn't want anything to do with the ball. I mean why get on the team, right?)
Sorry to hear about the kid's sickness but at least it wasn't contagious (well you did get it? Right? :-)
Hi, I apologize for the 'form' letter but it is the easiest way to pass word most quickly.
I am thrilled with the response to the MS Blogger project started at my blog, Brass and Ivory. I appreciate all those who took time to post about it on their blogs. I have discovered even more bloggers who have MS, whether they blog about the MS or not. A new listing is available at MS Blogger Community Project Revised.
Secondly, I'm looking for submissions for next week's Carnival of MS Bloggers. Information can be found at the end of each issue archived at Carnival of MS Bloggers. What I'm looking for this week are posts related to creativity. I discovered so many new bloggers who quilt, or knit, or crochet, or write, or photograph, etc. Basically, what do you do to express yourself?
Thank you so much for participating.
Lisa Emrich
P.S. I also apologize for any increased 'spamming' of blog comments due to my growing linklist of bloggers with MS. For that I am sincerely sorry.
Charles: My niece HAD to pick an extra-curricular activity so she stays out of trouble after school. Unfortunately she isn't at all good at sports...so she fits right in on her team...lol
Hehe...sounds like YOU are going to need your own, personal spring break now! Pink eye? Ewww...cooties! LOL
And no, I am NOT jealous of your weather! I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!
Linda D. in Seattle
I litereally laughed out loud while reading 'boy do they suck'....
Isn't it fun to say something like that and really mean it...but not in a mean way? lol I hope you get what I mean??
Snowed like a billion inches in good ol Illinois today! Imagine, last night sitting in front of the house with no coat..to full throttle winter again. Brr!
~~hugs~~
Oh...almost forgot to add...thanks for all the visit's and words of encouragement over the past few months over at my blog. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!
85 degrees! that is downright balmy! does the heat bring on any MS symptoms for you? i am sort of afraid of the summer approaching because last summer was filled with episodes for me.
Suzy: I totally know what you mean and I was literally laughing out loud as I typed it! :)
I really enjoy reading your blog and I appreciate your input with mine as well.
Merelyme: I'm an M.S. freak of nature because I do better in the heat and worse in the cold. Luckily for me I'm that way given where I live!
Post a Comment
<< Home