One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Can't Fool Myself, Darn It!

I've been trying to fool myself all day but it's not working. You know how you'll feel the slightest twinge of sickness coming on but you think if you ignore it or even better deny it, it may miraculously never come to be? That didn't work for me this time. Come to think of it, it never does.

I woke up with the slightest twinge of sore throat pain. I was trying to fool myself into thinking it was just dryness and perhaps I slept all night with my mouth gaping. As the day went on the scratchiness was more pronounced but I denied it and thought it's just dry. Mind you our desert is pouring rain today and we have more humidity than we do most of the year. It could be that, right? No such luck.

I just took a swallow and can deny it no longer. It's here. My sore throat is here. Ugh.

And of course this brings running through my head all the times I had my neurologist tell me "Don't get sick. You can't get sick". Who wants to get sick? Who tries to get sick? Not me, I can tell you that. It doesn't usually cause a flare of my MS so we'll hope things continue to go that smoothly for this bout of germs. Cross your fingers for me, okay?

10 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I'll not only cross my fingers for you, I'll say a little pray, cast a tiny spell, and throw salt over my right shoulder!!! If all of that fails, I'll just "hope" this passes for you quickly.

How's that?!?

Linda D. in Seattle

10:53 PM  
Blogger pb said...

Four words:

Tylenol Cold and Flu


Or something similar... Gargle with salt, too.

I usually take some sort of fever reducer. That's my top priority. Keep down the fever, keep down the fever, keep down the fever.

Good luck, kid.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: Thanks! I'm sure between all that I'll get better ASAP!

PB: Tylenol cold and flu, eh? I'm off to get some. Between you and Linda D. I'm off to a great start!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Chris:

I hate that scratchy feeling! I use Chloraseptic Cherry Throat Spray (they have Menthol too). Hey if I have to spray it, it may as well taste good.

Echo advice of keeping down the fever - Extra Strength Tylenol.

If you get the post nasal drip, medicate that too before sore throat gets infected from the drip. (Actifed, Claritin, whatever works best for you)

Take care,
Anne

11:06 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Next step ... hacking cough, chest congestion ... sorry, but welcome to the club. ARGH!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Anne: Thanks for the advice!

MDMHVONPA: Oh nooooooo!!!!!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Lets hope its just a crummy cold (which I often get [with what the immuno-suppressant treatments have left me, I don't wonder why.])

If its the flu, then I worry because that kicks my immune system into "cornfuusled attack mode and makes my skin noisy.

Stay hale and hearty, despite having a cold (I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

My MS exacerbation always seemed to happen BEFORE a cold or any new bug thingy. (And I have always kept copious notes in my vast diaries) Aunt Vi says to take some whiskey. I say hot bird soup. May it pass quickly.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: I hope I don't get "noisy skin". Sounds bad...

Diane: I love the whiskey idea! I think I may give that one top priority!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

are you feeling better by now? it is rare nowadays that i get sick...is this part of having MS...the not getting sick?

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter