One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, January 21, 2008

What's Happening?

A man throws his 4 beautiful children off a bridge to their deaths.
A woman walks onto an interstate with her niece and nephew, killing them.
A mother is kidnapped from her Florida home and murdered.
A pregnant Marine is murdered.
A father shoots his two teenage daughters, leaving them to die.
A babysitter places a child into a sleeping bag and hurls the child into the wall, killing it.
An older brother kills his little toddler-age sister with a baseball bat because she was crying and interrupting his television show.
Need I go on?

What is going on? It seems as though I can't turn on the television these days without news of another tragedy at the hands of some maniac. And it seems as though these acts are becoming more and more gruesome. I just can't wrap my mind around this and it makes me sick. I keep asking myself "Why?" I have no answers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

For some problems, there are no solutions that wouldn't taint you as well. (That the only reason I'm against the death penalty.)

But the rate of homicide is now lower than its been for years.

Its much, much higher in the rest of the world, in places like Iraq.

Wonder why the mass media is paying attention?

Because they're trying to distract you from whatever they're trying to distract you from.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: So true. They tend to focus so much on how gruesome something is. I also think mental illness has to play a part in crimes so horrific. Still, it's hard to imagine, especially when children are involved.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can see Charles' point, but I'm like you, just the idea of anyone being so...truly evil somehow like that is just infathomable to me. (Is that a word?) This is one reason that I stick to Internet news. Not that I don't read about those stories, but I can see a headline and skip over it. I haven't watched TV news in years.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

I agree with charles---these vile acts go on every day, sadly, even within blocks of where I live in laid back Seattle--the media goes gaga over this crap even though soldiers and innocent Iraqis die every day. We have fallen into recession. Our Pres. will "fix" it by giving us money, throw us a bone, while he plans his daughter's wedding. AAARGGH

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter