One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Problem Solved

Sometimes it turns out that the simplest remedy can fix the most costly problems. Our mattress-from-hell saga is now over and we won't even have to shell out a couple grand to fix it. In fact, we won't have to shell out anything. No, the manufacturer hasn't come to their senses and provided good customer service or anything like that, but we took matters into our own hands. My husband wondered what would happen if he took a couple really old pillows we had around and put them under the mattress on his side directly under his dent. Voila! No more dent. He has gotten up in the mornings with no more back pain and doesn't feel as if he's sleeping in a giant crater anymore. Who knew?

Now on to other things...My husband and I planned our summer vacation for this year. Hawaii!!! I've never been and am so excited to go and so is our daughter. There is so much we want to do there like learning to surf (I seem to be the only one adventurous enough to be psyched about this but I can't wait to try it), checking out the beaches (We're staying on Waikiki but I want to go to the North Shore as well), visiting Pearl Harbor and all the other typical Hawaiian stuff. Any suggestions from my readers who may have been there?

5 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Sorry, hon...never been off the "rock" and only out of the country in Mexico and Canada (which I don't think by most standards counts as "traveling"). Sounds like a most excellent adventure though! Happy trails on that vacation...

Linda D. in Seattle

12:40 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda D: The hard part is going to be waiting until the end of May!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

wow...no i have never been there. what a dream come true for you...i am happy for you.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

Sucks for the mattress...

And YAY for the trip!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Aloha :-)

You'll love it as its not boiling hot yet like later in the summmer.

I'm with [mat]. Sucks for the mattress.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter