One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Sure Hope It Was A Dream


After the dream I had the other night I'm glad to still be alive and breathing. I'm sure it was a dream but at the time, it sure seemed real to me.


I woke up to the feeling of being strangled only there weren't any hands around my neck. I tried to call out to my husband but I had no air so therefore I couldn't make a sound, so I got out of bed and tried to walk, but I staggered. As I slumped down over the foot board of my bed I could see and feel the consciousness and or the life draining from my body. I tried once more before dying to call out to my husband who was downstairs and immediately found myself laying in bed. Heh?


I don't feel like I had been sleeping and I don't remember opening my eyes. But I had to be sleeping as there was nobody there trying to kill me. Was I having some sort of apnea? I wasn't struggling or gasping for air was I lay there and I felt totally fine. Talk about a dream being vivid! I hope to never have that one again!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For sure, it was your subconscience telling you to get rid of the damn mattress.

Death in dream equals Death of the mattress. LOL

11:39 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Anne: LOL!!! You're probably right!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Anne. The mattress is haunting your dreams now. Get rid of it!
I dreamt the other night of being in a car accident. It was so real. Nothing I have felt before. My son told me I couldn't drive on that side of town for the day.Very creepy. Makes the hair on your arms stand up

1:45 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Sharon: Creepy is a good word for that alright. Maybe "haunting" is too... :)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

She may be right...

I know that I'd like to strangle my wife sometimes while she's just lying there snoring discretely while I've been staring at the ceiling next to her, supine on the uneven lump of lumps.

She may be right...

2:05 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

that sounds very scary. i am glad you are okay.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: If my husband hadn't been snuggly sleeping in our downstairs guest room I'd of thought he was trying to kill me! lol

5:02 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

This "could" be a good sign...death as we know it gets such a BAD rap, but it really just signifies a new beginning. Especially in dreams and life!

(But just in case, sleep with one eye OPEN!) LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

11:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've had that too. Sometimes it's that I'm tangled in my blankets somehow, or if I'm sleeping on my back, due to my asthma and such, I can't breathe as well, and I do end up feeling myself gasping for air. So it may have been some sort of brief apnea thing too. It doesn't happen all the time, but probably, as most have suggested, the stress about the mattress may have brought it on.

7:47 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Hrmmm ... had that sort of thing too ... no fun!

Odd, the word verification for this comment is 'giasp' ... gasp ... ohhhhh!

12:56 PM  
Blogger John Vesia said...

It might've been apnea and your dream state just interpreted that as someone strangling you. Really glad you're alive though.; )

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter