One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Two Peas In A Pod



Came across this picture today and thought it was too cute to keep to myself.


You see, my husband didn't want a dog in the beginning and to be honest, neither did I. All the hard work training it, housebreaking it and just having an additional responsibility were enough for me to agree with him. But then our daughter, who was a very responsible pet owner to her gerbil Rupert...may he rest in peace...wanted a dog. She was never whiny and never begged but promised to be a good mother to a new puppy.

Well, I researched dogs to death because I'm highly allergic and figured since I'm home all day I'd be the one training it. I discovered the Shih Tzu. I was hooked. Then with some convincing I managed to coax my husband into this idea. I figured he'd like the dog but I never imagined the bond that would develop.


So three years ago Maisy came to our family. Isn't she cute? She is my daughter's best friend and she loves that little dog more than anything. She worries about it and cares for it. She really is a good mom. The thing that surprised me most was the bond between dog and husband. I saw a side of my husband that I didn't know was in there. He talks to the dog, hugs it and loves on it all the time. When you see your normally stoic husband going gootchie-gootchie-goo with a dog, how can you not like that? They are best buds. It still sometimes surprises me but I think it's so great.
Aside from liking to sit like a human, as in the photo above, our dog has many other human-like qualities but I'll save those for another day. I just wanted to show you a cute photo of my dog. The husband's not too shabby either, eh?

10 Comments:

Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Which one is the hubby now? :-p

CUTE!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

You done good. (And both sit well.)

11:41 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

They are BOTH squeezable! Except I doubt the hubby does that fast leg thingy if you scratch his tummy...or DOES he?!?

Linda D. in Seattle

3:42 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda D: Thanks! I'm not sure about the leg thingy but I'll test my husband tonight. lol

10:06 AM  
Blogger Bubbie said...

cute pic. I know what you mean about the man of the house and the little dog. I never thought my hubby would be so attached to our little guy. He spoils him worse than I.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we got our dog, my husband was dead set against it because of the work involved with training it, etc. and because of our sons.

But I was determined to have a dog (small) because I knew my autistic son would come out of his shell more and my ADHD son would tame down more. (It was the best decision I ever made!)

So hubby decided he was not going to do anything with/for the dog, walk it, feed it, and if it dared to try to get in bed with him, he was gonna toss it.

Long story short, the dog attached himself to the one person he needed to win over.

And he did.

And hubby does - walk, feed, and let him in his bed.

Amazing how much a pet makes a difference in a once dysfunctional household. Baby has made all the difference around here.

Nice picture w/ your hubby and dog.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Bubbie: Isn't it funny how those that didn't want the dog are the biggest spoilers? Why can't they spoil US that way? I think I know where we (or at least I) rate...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Anne: Thanks for your great comments!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

I used to have an English Cocker Spaniel. (My first wife still loves and owns dogs.)

I've been into cats since I met my second wife (on July 15th 1995. [Some dates you don't forget... :-])

We have serially owned several older cats (we've sort of accepted other people "overage" into our house,) and I gotta say cats can make very nice and extremely low maintenance pets.

But I don't accept more that one at a time. I'm not that crazy.

If you've got one cat, you're the staff.

If you've got two cats, you're the referee.

If you've got more than that, you're potentially iNsAnE.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Mathieu said...

Wow! they both sit alike!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter