One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

All eyes will be on Phoenix Arizona this weekend for the Super Bowl. The last Super Bowl in this area was back in 1996 in Tempe so it's really a big deal around here, almost all you hear about.

We Phoenicians endure our scorching hot summers so we can rub it in to our friends and relatives over the winter about how gorgeous it is here when they are miserable. I know that sounds bad but that's just how it is. Since so much attention will be made about us you'd think that, given the fact that we have well over 300 days of sunshine a year, odds are we'd have great weather. Not a chance. The forecast for Super Bowl Sunday is rain and colder than normal temperatures. It figures. I so feel bad for all the people who are coming out here for the big game and making a vacation out of it because it's been rainy off and on the past few days. Not what our vacationers were hoping for I'm sure.

The FBR Open (formerly known as the Phoenix Open) golf tournament is this weekend too. Whoever scheduled the Super Bowl should have known how that works around here. You see, nearly every year it seems to rain for the golf tournament. Not necessarily the whole 4 days but it almost always rains for at least part of it, except for last year. We were pleasantly surprised with great golf weather given the history. We got free tickets this year and will try for Saturday as that's supposed to be pretty clear. When you live here you never really have to give rain a second thought because most of the year we don't have any and you get used to it being that way. It's kind of funny because when it's a rainy day there are news interruptions on T.V. just like if there was a blizzard somewhere else. Kind of funny the way the natives react to rain. To them it's a huge news story.

7 Comments:

Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

You should see the TV news around New York city when it even looks like its threatening to snow.

I think they're all waiting (hoping? :-) for the return of the great snow blizzard of '95.

I was stuck in the apartment on Staten Island for three days that time, just waiting for the snow plows to reach our street.

We moved to Brooklyn shortly thereafter...

----

How do you stop all traffic in New York City?

Just add water. (It doesn't matter if its snow, sleet, hail, rain, mist or even fog. :-)

11:31 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Is Al Gore in town? That would explain the Temperature.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: I know what you mean. I grew up outside D.C. and if the forecast called for snow they would cancel school even before the snow started!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

MDMHVONPA: LOL!

12:57 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Hehe...I'll be watching for you during those silly pans of the city that the TV station will do. Please wave so I recognize you in the mob of people! LMAO

Linda D. in Seattle

2:24 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda: I'll wave to you and you'll know it's me because I look like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer right now woth this terrible cold. I swear my nose is about to fall off my face.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

I have a friend who wants me to consider moving to AZ---doesn't the heat mess w/your MS?

The polar bears are moving to L.A.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter