One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nothing New

Here's just an update of the goings-on around here over the past few days. In short, not a whole lot to report.
The in-laws left Friday and are back in Nebraska freezing their butts off. I think it's around zero degrees there so I feel bad complaining about our low 60's, so I won't. We are headed for some rain over the next week and that's always an adjustment. I get so used to the sunshine that a dreary day can really have an affect on me.
As far as skating news goes the only thing to report is that my daughter already needs new skates. Ugh! The ones she has are nice and all but not good for the bigger jumps. Her coach says she's ready to learn her Axel but "not in those skates". We are on the lookout for a pair of boots and will also need new blades.They come separate when it comes to good skates. Hopefully we can find a pair on clearance or something. Even a nice used pair would be great.
I haven't written about my health in a while mostly because there isn't anything to say other than I've been feeling good. No complaints in that department! All I can say is thank God for LDN! I still dont' have a new neurologist because I haven't even looked for one yet. I have so little faith in doctors that I keep procrastinating. I want to find one that is "open minded" but I think that's going to be a hard search. They can't seem to think outside the box and I'd hate to waste my time and co-pay money to go there and find out he's just another boob!

8 Comments:

Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Oh my gawd. Its colder where you are, way south of here, than it is here in Noo Joyzee.

Keep on not writing about your health.

That's good. :-)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

darn it...i was at my neuro today and i wanted to ask about LDN but i forgot. oh well. you sound good...i am glad you are feeling well.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: I haven't been to Noo Joyzee in several years. I still remember those East Coast winters though!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Merelyme: Don't be surprised if your doctor either looks at you like you have two heads or just laughs you off when you mention LDN. If he's this way, you can get it somewhere else. Most doctors don't know about it.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa Emrich said...

Hi Chris, you asked me about living outside DC not long ago. I answered in my own comment section but don't know if you saw it. Anyways...

I live in Falls Church (since 1999) having grown up in Oklahoma. My sweetie, Rob, grew up in Reston, graduating from South Lakes HS in 1987. He still has many, many friends from his school days. His mother still lives in Reston and I've learned the area pretty well.

Where did you live? When? Maybe I know some of the folks you grew up with...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Lisa: Wow! What a small world, isn't it? I graduated from South Lakes in 1985. Maybe he and I knew of each other...

9:31 AM  
Blogger Lisa Emrich said...

It certainly is a teeny tiny world. My sweetie lived in the very same area on Spyglass Cove Lane off of Glade Dr. in what was a new development in c.1979-1980. His last name is Osberg but I think that most of the folks he knew came from '87 and '88 classes. He tells a story of going to four different elementary schools without ever moving, one of those schools actually being in the high school for awhile.

Yes, the area has developed tremendously in recent years.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Lisa: I used to walk down his street to get to school my senior year. After they built a walking bridge across the lake they took the school bus away from us. I'm sure we rode the same bus until then although I don't know that last name. Very cool though! I remember when those houses were being built and I babysat for the Cecucci family a couple times.They lived on that street. My dad knew them from somewhere.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter