Just A Blurb
I'm glad that last weekend is over. All in all it was a good experience for my daughter and for me and I now feel we are more prepared for her next competition in April. When she got back on the ice Monday she was even more motivated, if that's at all possible, because she's incredibly motivated all the time. She doesn't waste a minute on the ice during practice. She worked tirelessly on her scratch spin which was what cost her first place and improved it a huge amount. She was spinning so fast she was literally a blur! She also learned a new jump Monday, the flip jump. She did it on her third try! She has now learned so far: Single jumps...salchow, loop, toe loop, flip. Half jumps...Lutz and waltz jump. The spins she's learned so far are her scratch spin and attitude spin. She's working on her layback, sit spin and camel spin. Her coach told me Monday that my daughter is a natural jumper. For some reason jumping comes easier to her than most. Pretty cool!
On to other news. My inlaws arrived here from Nebraska last Friday and will be here until this Friday. We have been having weather in the 70's so I know they are enjoying that seeing that it has been snowy and icy at home. They took plenty of pictures of themselves outside enjoying the warm sunshine so they can rub it in when they get back home!
Last week I got the dreaded Jury Duty summons in the mail. What a bunch of hoops to jump through. I've had my neurologist write me excuses in the past but since I don't have one now I had to cross my fingers and hope. I filled out the questionaire and explained that I can't sit in on eplace for very long because I get terrible back pain and that when I need to go to the bathroon, I need to go to the bathroom. They excused me without a doctors note this time. Maybe they looked me up and saw the previous letters and knew I was legit. I was relieved to get that taken care of. I'm not trying to shirk my civic duty or anything, just looking out for myself because after all, who else is going to do it?
On to other news. My inlaws arrived here from Nebraska last Friday and will be here until this Friday. We have been having weather in the 70's so I know they are enjoying that seeing that it has been snowy and icy at home. They took plenty of pictures of themselves outside enjoying the warm sunshine so they can rub it in when they get back home!
Last week I got the dreaded Jury Duty summons in the mail. What a bunch of hoops to jump through. I've had my neurologist write me excuses in the past but since I don't have one now I had to cross my fingers and hope. I filled out the questionaire and explained that I can't sit in on eplace for very long because I get terrible back pain and that when I need to go to the bathroon, I need to go to the bathroom. They excused me without a doctors note this time. Maybe they looked me up and saw the previous letters and knew I was legit. I was relieved to get that taken care of. I'm not trying to shirk my civic duty or anything, just looking out for myself because after all, who else is going to do it?



6 Comments:
Jury Duty ... ut oh. Every time I go, I end up getting sent home. Too educated or something.
The last time I was on Jury Duty was on a Federal case for two weeks for a drug kingpin/trafficking case.
Now, mind you, I don't know if it was my participation in that case or my prolific doctors notes to excuse me, but I don't get called anymore. LOL
MDMHVONPA: I think you hit the nail on the head.
Anne: Getting inconvenienced for two weeks would really suck. I guess you got it all out of the way in one shot.
i bet they won't make you go...especially if it is a medical hardship. just stopping by to say hello and wish you a happy valentine's day.
That girl of yours is GOING somewhere! I can't wait to see her in the news one day (unlike my relatives in the news on the criminal pages!)...
Linda D. in Seattle
Just mention Jury Nullification. :-)
You'll be home in time for lunch.
Post a Comment
<< Home