On The Ragged Edge
I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do. I'm trying not to reach the panic stage but as each day goes by it is getting harder and harder not to go there.
We spent all last night in the E.R. with my daughter. At 9:00 last night she had a terrible bout of nausea she was in a terrible state and shaking all over. She literally had her head in the toilet for about 90 minutes. It just kept getting worse as the time went by and my husband said we should go to the E.R. so at 11:30 we finally left for the hospital.
When we got there they were seeing patients that had been waiting since before 5:00pm! I debated going back home but we stayed, thankfully. The triage nurse too us back before going to the waiting room and my daughter had a resting heart rate of 150! She was alarmed by that and had us taken back right away. Thank God we didn't have to wait for hours and hours.
Long story short, they gave her something for nausea, pain meds for her abdominal pain and an I.V. for dehydration. Then a few hours later (5:00 am) sent us home. We are basically right back where we started.
I'm just so frustrated...and sad for her because she feels like crap.
We spent all last night in the E.R. with my daughter. At 9:00 last night she had a terrible bout of nausea she was in a terrible state and shaking all over. She literally had her head in the toilet for about 90 minutes. It just kept getting worse as the time went by and my husband said we should go to the E.R. so at 11:30 we finally left for the hospital.
When we got there they were seeing patients that had been waiting since before 5:00pm! I debated going back home but we stayed, thankfully. The triage nurse too us back before going to the waiting room and my daughter had a resting heart rate of 150! She was alarmed by that and had us taken back right away. Thank God we didn't have to wait for hours and hours.
Long story short, they gave her something for nausea, pain meds for her abdominal pain and an I.V. for dehydration. Then a few hours later (5:00 am) sent us home. We are basically right back where we started.
I'm just so frustrated...and sad for her because she feels like crap.



6 Comments:
When I go to the ER (frequently), I find they tend to treat anything bleeding from the head rather quickly.
MDMHVONPA: I was thanking God profusely that we didn't have to wait in the waiting room for hours and hours. Talk about torture...
I feel so bad she has to go through all this. She is in our praers and hopefully answers will come soon.
Sharon: Thanks so much for your kind words.
It's time to get a referral to a Gastroenterologist - a GI Specialist. You've been messing around with this awhile -- time to get aggressive. Let us know if or what you decide. Hugs, Anne
Anne: I've been trying to get an appointment with a pediatric GI but can't get her in anywhere. It's so frustrating!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home