One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I Want Summer


Anyone from Phoenix would think I was seriously loco for saying this but I want summer, real bad.  I know it means well over 100 degree temps but I really don't mind that at all. I feel so much healthier and have more energy when my body is warm. I know that flies in the face of all other MS patients but I guess I'm unique. 

Plus, I want to break out my skirts (I wouldn't necessarily call them mini skirts but they are a few inches above the knee), my shorts and my tank tops. Nothing feels better on than a tank top and skirt. And flip flops, although I'm wearing those today.  

I'm getting teased today with the forecast calling for a high of 92 because tomorrow it'll be back to the 70's with lots of wind and some rain my the weekend. Can summer please get here already? I think I've been a pretty patient chick, and we all know that patience isn't one of my strong suits, but I guess I'll have to wait just a little longer. My husband doesn't like the heat and he always says he doesn't want it to get hot even though he knows I feel bad in the winter and need it to get hot.  I try and tune him out when he says this otherwise I get ticked off!  But that's another story for another day...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris:

I am longing for summer too, but not the heat that goes with it! LOL

Up until about ten years ago (probably around the time of hysterectomy when instant menopause kicked in), winters were the worst for me and summers were good.

Since menopause, summers are terrible for me and winters are good (as long as I keep the heat turned down and a fan on my face when I sleep!)

A doctor from long ago (early in diagnosis) told me that this was going to happen and I told him, NO WAY because I was so unaffected early on.

I often wonder how it is for people who live in a warm place year round - how they are affected by temperatures/seasons.

Enjoy yourself while you can. Who knows....when menopause kicks in for you, you might start reversing too.

Take care,
Anne

10:30 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Anne: I hope I continue to love the heat... I've been in peri menopause (I know, I'm young) for a couple years now. So far so good. :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I will never cease to be amazed at the differences in heat/cold tolerances among MS'ers.

Your post actually makes me have heat prostration.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

I hope you are feeling less Icky soon! And I agree that sunshine and warm weather makes you feel better. I just got back from Florida and I felt 10x better while there. Amazing...

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter