One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Worry Wart

Why are some people naturally worriers? I fall into this category always and I try to work on it but to no avail. You know how you'll have an event or something that causes you worry and you just want to get past it so you can relax again? I get past the original worry and then maybe allow myself one day before something new pops into my head to worry about.
I think I've always been this way since I was a kid. Not that most kids have too awful much to worry about, but to kids, even little things can mean the end of the world. As an adult I should be able to rationalize when worry is constructive and when it is wasted energy but it is one of my faults. I guess you could say I sweat the small stuff.  Consciously I know when I'm doing this but seem unable to stop it. It's like my mind has a mind of it's own and it needs something to fret over. 
This is what I'm working on in my life right now in hopes that I can get a handle on it and live a much more relaxed life instead of always having my mind race to the "what-if's" and the worse possible scenarios. Hopefully I'll be successful...

9 Comments:

Blogger Herrad said...

Hi Miss Chris,

Worrying is dreadful, I worry about worrying
.
Think am just managing to stop asometimes but not 100%
.
Take care.
Love,
Herrad

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Don't fret, my pet!

Miss Chris: Are you worrying about anything specific right now?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Becky G said...

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't. I fall into the category of "people who probably should worry more" myself. Not much fazes me. My aunt, on the other hand, can worry herself sick over nothing. Good luck in your quest. I wish you all the best.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Herrad: Thanks for visiting. I do enjoy your comments. I like the way you put it: worry about worrying. That's me!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: I'll try not to fret. Nothing in particular... at this point in time. Just day to day crap. Thanks for your kind words :)

6:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Becky: My new motto will be "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff"... I know that's already taken but.... someday I'll be able to say this and it will be true :)

6:37 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Hello Miss Chris,

its now spring break and I am making time to visit all my old friends.

(Making time is quite accurate, I have a conference to go to this week-end and I'm actually starting a marketing course next Wednesday. :-)

Like Bobby McFerrin sang about all those years ago: "Don't worry, be happy."

I wish I could say I don't have a care in the world, but I'd be lying. But there's no sense in stressing myself out over it.

That's why I'm back at school.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Oh and by the way...

How are the BlogRoll ads working out for you? (Frankly, I can use any and all of the help I can get.)

I'd appreciate it if you could drop me an email about it.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: So great to hear from you! Maybe I should adopt that Bobby McFerrin song too :)

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter