One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, December 08, 2008

Test Day

I'm happy and relieved that this weekend is over. My daughter had two figure skating tests this weekend and it was so intense. Her first test was for "Moves in the field". This is where the skater needs to demonstrate good edges and proper technique, among other things, and is out there alone, just her and the judge who is watching her every move.  What added to the stress is that we had to be at the rink at 5:45 AM. 

The next test was her "Freeskate" test. We weren't worried about this one at all because it consists mainly of very simple jumps and spins.  But it's always a bit un-nerving to be out there all by yourself with the judge staring at you. Anything can happen.


Thankfully she passed both tests with flying colors and has moved up another level. She is now Pre-Preliminary (or more commonly called Pre Pre). This is the first level you need to test to get into and now she'll be competing at this level for a while and will have much harder jumps and spins required in her programs. Needless to say she's very excited and I'm a proud mom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Synchronicity said...

what a beautiful photo of your daughter! you must be so proud.

wanted to thank you for coming to my blog and for your all your lovely comments over the months. you are so nice. i feel undeserving.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Merelyme: Such sweet comments. Thank you!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Miss Chris--

I think I mentioned once before how much I like figure skating. It seems like your daughter does too by the look on her face. Enjoy all this fun!

Jen

6:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: She loves skating so much.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter