One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Time Flies When Your Not Looking

Every year I think time goes by just a little bit faster than the year before, however this year has gone by in the blink of an eye. How can time pass this quickly?  Thanksgiving is next week for crying out loud!
I just now got around to calling my mom to plan Thanksgiving and I think it worked to my advantage. You see we always have it together since we live five minutes away from each other and the only variant is whether I host or she does. Given the fact that I waited until the last minute to call her I don't have the responsibility of hosting and she's already planned the menu and bought the food. Boy did I get off easy this year! All we have to do is show up.
As for Christmas I really need to get on that.  At least my daughter has provided me with a list this year and only because I kept harping on her for one. She's so not-greedy it's hard to know what she wants. She really never wants all that much.  How lucky am I?! I think I have her covered in the gifts department but my husband is really hard to buy for. He has pretty much everything and never knows what he wants. I'd write some ideas here but he's been known to occasionally read this blog so I won't. I also have to plan where I'll do my shopping because I'm one of those people who won't do any Christmas shopping if the store doesn't use the word "Christmas" in its advertising or stores. I know lots of people don't feel the way I do and that's their choice but it's something I do every year. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

6 Comments:

Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I too like Merry Christmas! :-)

So Merry Christmas to youuu!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Thanks!

6:14 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

So I guess celebrating Festivus at your house is out, eh?!? LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

2:05 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

I guess I could do Festivus and Christmas! lol

7:40 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

I'm with you on the Christmas thing! I think this whole politically correct using of Happy Holidays is stupid. It's Christmas say Christmas! Anyway, there was my two cents on the subject. lol

Glad to hear you are doing well. Take care and have a great Thanksgiving!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jaime: Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter