My Age Is Showing

I think my age is finally catching up with me. I've always been happy about the fact that I look younger than I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not full of myself or anything like that, it's just that's what people always tell me. I think I still look younger than I am but I'm starting to feel older. Just a bit.
As I've said since I turned thirty or so, I sometimes feel like a teenager trapped in the body of an adult. And I sometimes feel like a kid with all the responsibilities of an adult. But that's a good thing, right? It's great to be young at heart! But I think my eyes are betraying me. Over the last year I'd have to say my vision has gone down hill rather rapidly. It may have come on over the past six months, I'm just not sure. All I know is that a few months ago I was having a hard time reading things close up. Like menus at restaurants, newspapers etc.. I finally broke down a couple months ago and got some cheapo reading glasses at Target. Then I realized I was needing them more often so I got another pair so I could have a pair at home and a pair to take with me. They aren't necessarily the most fashionable things in the world and they make me feel like an old lady but what are you going to do?
Today as I was driving around town I noticed for the first time that things were blurry. The street signs were blurry as were most things. Great. Really great. Now I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist in a couple weeks. I really don't want to wear glasses all the time. They'll drive me nuts! I'm not sure about contacts because I have this thing about eyes. I don't know if I could stick my finger in there or not. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the doc says.



4 Comments:
My vision has gone downhill through the years. I wear glasses mainly for distance. For driving it's a must. I've never checked out contacts though, but I hear they they take some getting used to (so do glasses for that matter).
Like you I'm a kid at heart. You're right, it's a good thing.
: )
I'm sure I'll need some kind of vision correction and I guess I'll wait and see if it's something I'll need to wear all day or just every now and then.
Guess you could always blame it on MS? I prefer THAT excuse over "old age" any day!
Linda D. in Seattle
Linda D; You may be right on that one. Then again, you're alway right! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home