I Tempted Fate And It Bit Me In The Ass
I tempted fate when I wrote my last post about how boring things were and that I had nothing much to say. As I was writing it I thought to myself that this was going to somehow jinx me but then a clearer head prevailed and I knew that sounded ridiculous. Oh Yeah?
My daughter had a friend from her class sleep over Friday night. I get a call from her mother the next afternoon after we took her home. Her daughter has lice. LICE! AACK! Somebody just kill me now and put me out of my misery. Not really but you get my drift. I'm going berserk.
My husband and I checked my daughters hair (her very long hair) and scalp that day but didn't see anything. We started cleaning the house anyway. The next day there it was. One lone louse in her hair. I almost fainted when I saw it. Seriously. Thankfully there was only the one that we could see but of course we did the treatment anyway. All two hours of it on her hair. Then I felt like my skin was crawling. I made my husband do the treatment on me even though he looked me over with a fine tooth comb (literally) and didn't see anything. I think he must have ripped out about a thousand of my hairs doing it.
It's now the next day and after an entire weekend of cleaning and laundry I hope the problem is gone. I have an appointment with our doctor tomorrow for us just to make sure we are clear. I really don't need this right now. I'm completely exhausted and ready for a padded cell right about now. I seriously want to let out a scream. A primal scream from deep in my core. I think that may make me feel better and maybe, just for a second, take my mind off the fact that I feel like my scalp is crawling. I hope it's just psychosomatic. Or maybe I'm finally going psycho...
My daughter had a friend from her class sleep over Friday night. I get a call from her mother the next afternoon after we took her home. Her daughter has lice. LICE! AACK! Somebody just kill me now and put me out of my misery. Not really but you get my drift. I'm going berserk.
My husband and I checked my daughters hair (her very long hair) and scalp that day but didn't see anything. We started cleaning the house anyway. The next day there it was. One lone louse in her hair. I almost fainted when I saw it. Seriously. Thankfully there was only the one that we could see but of course we did the treatment anyway. All two hours of it on her hair. Then I felt like my skin was crawling. I made my husband do the treatment on me even though he looked me over with a fine tooth comb (literally) and didn't see anything. I think he must have ripped out about a thousand of my hairs doing it.
It's now the next day and after an entire weekend of cleaning and laundry I hope the problem is gone. I have an appointment with our doctor tomorrow for us just to make sure we are clear. I really don't need this right now. I'm completely exhausted and ready for a padded cell right about now. I seriously want to let out a scream. A primal scream from deep in my core. I think that may make me feel better and maybe, just for a second, take my mind off the fact that I feel like my scalp is crawling. I hope it's just psychosomatic. Or maybe I'm finally going psycho...



4 Comments:
Trust me when I say I am NOT laughing at you...but I AM laughing!
When I used to work with kids in a residential treatment center, I think I was personally Kwelled enough times that I should have bought stock in the company that makes it! Well, that and the pinworm pill treatment that we ALL had to take almost every month when there was an outbreak of pinworms...always thought my head or my butt itched every time I went to work!!!
Linda D. in Seattle
Linda: Took my daughter and myself to the doctor this morning and, as of right now, we are okay. We need to re-treat in a week "just to be sure". I'm still paranoid though....It's funny how my head doesn't itch when I'm not thinking about it but...when I think about it I get itchy.
Hi Chris:
I am roaring.....because after years of working in inner city Emergency Rooms and not so clean nursing homes, I hate to say it but Kwell was my best friend for many years. Between lice and the scabies, it is hard to say which won out.
And yes, you will itch every time you talk or think about it. But good advice from your doc -- re-treat in a week....oh, and here's some advice from your internet doc.....
.........
..........
.........
Clue in the other mom and no more sleep overs with that child. Hope you feel better and stop itching soon, Anne
Anne: Well, I'm glad it's not just me that this has happened to...not that I'm glad you had to deal with it either...but I can't wait till its over for sure.
Post a Comment
<< Home