ZZZzzzzz.....
I haven't been posting much since my return from vacation because I've just been too tired. It all started last Tuesday. I was scheduled to have a sleep study so I went there thinking they wouldn't have much to study because I'd probably have the best sleep of my life and exhibit no problems. Boy was I wrong.
There won't be much for them to study because I didn't get a wink of sleep all night. Not one second. Why? The facility was so noisy. My room was beside the nurses office where they monitor the patients and I could hear them talking and laughing almost all night. I called the nurse in at one point to tell her to tell the staff to please be quiet. After all, how do they expect people to sleep in a noisy environment. Especially with all the wires and stuff they attach to you. By that time it was really too late because I was all stressed out from the environment. The nurse said to me the next morning that my doctor may need for me to come back and repeat the test. I told her there was no way I was coming back to do that ever again.
I left the sleep study that morning to get home and go to bed. I was so tired! But what do you know...I couldn't fall asleep. I can sleep any day even if I'm not tired. All I have to do is lay down and I fall asleep. Not this day. I went to bed that night and didn't get a second of sleep the entire night. I was afraid I was going to go psycho if I didn't get some Z's soon. I don't really know how I made it through that day but somehow I did.
The next night I lay in bed stressing out over sleep so therefore I had a hard time. I eventually got about 4 hours and I was thankful for that. It's been pretty much okay since but I hope I never go through that again!
There won't be much for them to study because I didn't get a wink of sleep all night. Not one second. Why? The facility was so noisy. My room was beside the nurses office where they monitor the patients and I could hear them talking and laughing almost all night. I called the nurse in at one point to tell her to tell the staff to please be quiet. After all, how do they expect people to sleep in a noisy environment. Especially with all the wires and stuff they attach to you. By that time it was really too late because I was all stressed out from the environment. The nurse said to me the next morning that my doctor may need for me to come back and repeat the test. I told her there was no way I was coming back to do that ever again.
I left the sleep study that morning to get home and go to bed. I was so tired! But what do you know...I couldn't fall asleep. I can sleep any day even if I'm not tired. All I have to do is lay down and I fall asleep. Not this day. I went to bed that night and didn't get a second of sleep the entire night. I was afraid I was going to go psycho if I didn't get some Z's soon. I don't really know how I made it through that day but somehow I did.
The next night I lay in bed stressing out over sleep so therefore I had a hard time. I eventually got about 4 hours and I was thankful for that. It's been pretty much okay since but I hope I never go through that again!



6 Comments:
Well, darn it all! I empathize with your sleep issues as I am fully aware how difficult they can be. I've got no words of wisdom here (because I am a horrible role model for sleep!)...sometimes drugs are your friend to help with sleep? Beyond that, the hubby hitting you over the head with a rubber mallet might do!
Linda D. in Seattle
Sounds very stressful. I wanted to do a sleep study. I thought it would be cool!
Linda: Great minds think alike. I begged my husband to please knock me out if I didn't get some sleep. Fortunately I did get a little sleep as he seemed a bit eager to take me up on that!
Spider: I don't know how anyone gets any sleep when they're attached to all that gear for the study. They even have stuff going up your nostrils!
Oh boy do I sympathize.
I loathe hospitals because you can't ever get a good nights rest.
If their not actively keeping you awake with tests, they're making enough noise that sleep is impossible.
Sounds like malpractice to me. I'd contact the insurance people and report it, especially if I were expected to chip in copay.
Post a Comment
<< Home