One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

We Actually Had A Spring!

Here in the deserts of Phoenix we never really get much of a Spring or Fall. It seems like the weather goes from super hot to cold and back to hot again all without any mild weather in between. My husband and I usually kid each other about having the windows open whenever possible to get some fresh air because usually this can only happen for about two weeks maximum. Well this year we've actually had a Spring and that's really unusual. For about the last month the weather has been incredibly tolerable and we haven't hit 100 yet, although we've had several days in the 90's which I consider to be acceptable. So many days in the 80's and a nice breeze, it almost makes us forget and think we live in a normal place!
Since I slept with the windows open, the coyotes kept waking me up last night howling, yelping and carrying on. There is a desert wash behind the homes across the street and this wash comes directly down from the mountain and is a frequent pathway used by the coyotes. There must have been a huge pack of them last night because they were so loud! With all their yelping and howling they really sounded as if they were having a good time. In the back of my mind I was secretly hoping they were enjoying a snack of Beagle as the dog across the street bark incessently. I know that sounds mean and I really don't wish the dog any harm but sometimes the thought enters your mind and, what can you do?

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Emrich said...

I know you like the heat and all....but I just can't imagine talking 90s before May. Yuck!!! and that coming from an Okie who grew up in a fairly hot climate.

As for me, give me 70s-80s and I'm happy. {psst..Chris...I hadn't noticed but is there someone missing from your blogroll?....like, um, me? - hint, hint}

11:50 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Lisa: Yikes! I'm not too up-to-date on my blogroll. Shame on me and I'll add you A.S.A.P.! :)

12:21 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Its in the 50s and 60s up here in Joyzee.

The weather has been chilly and rainy.

5:11 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

YOU DOG HATER!!!! But I understand that sometimes sleep deprivation can make you think naughty things. Sin Forgiven. :D

8:09 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: Chilly and rainy up in New Joyzee? You poor thing. I'll send some rays of sunshine your way.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

MDMHVONPA: Thanks for absolving me of my sin. I needed that! I really do love dogs though...just well behaved ones. :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

Sometimes Snoopy has to be shot down by the Red Baron, just life.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

I'm not on your blogroll either...why do you hate us? sniff...sniff

12:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Diane: Ack! I'm so behind on my blogroll. I'll get you on ASAP!! :)

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter