One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Technology Is Frustrating

I've been waiting to make this post because I had something special I wanted to post. A video of my daughter at her second figure skating competition. She participated in the largest competition in the state of Arizona and I couldn't have been more proud.

She skated in two groups. First was the "Artistic Light" program. This is where they skate to a fun song and it is more for entertainment but it is judged. She skated a program to "Chattanooga Choo Choo" and it was so cute. She was dressed like a train conductor and she skated it so well. No mistakes! However she came in 5th out of five skaters. She was a little disappointed but took it well because it isn't really about your skating, I guess the judges just didn't care for the program. Who cares what they think, right?

Her second program was her technical one skated to "Pink Panther". It is completely different than the one I posted a couple months ago since she went up two levels since then. She was near perfect! And even better than that...she came in 2nd out of 5! She beat all those girls who had beaten her earlier in the day. Needless to say it did wonders for her confidence. I was so happy for her because she deserved it.

Why am I technologically frustrated? Because we recently bought a new video camera and filmed both performances. The videos came out nice but we can't get it posted. I can't post it to Blogger, MySpace, or YouTube. It used some weird coding or something and we are trying to figure out how to change it so we can post it. We can't even put it on a DVD. It's a Panasonic camera and is brand new. If there are any "techies" out there that know what I'm talking about, feel free to help me out.

4 Comments:

Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

If you call Panasonic, Im sure they'll direct you to their web site where you can download the codex that will allow you to put your video on dvd. HONEST!

8:12 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Good for her! It's wonderful she has adapted so well to a new sport...boosts her confidence, I am sure.

The camera? Well...you could do what I do, but I don't recommend it. I tend to beat the darn things until they either break or I simply feel relieved!

Linda D. in Seattle

12:41 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

MDMHVONPA: My husband said he looked on the site but there wasn't anything helpful there. He's got a call into Panasonic now. Even the Geek Squad didn't know how to help!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda: I know what you mean. Technology and I just don't go together either. Sometimes that's all you can do. At least it would feel good at the time...but my husband would kill me!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter