One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Whew!

I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief today. My daughter woke up this morning with that spark back in her face along with a nice smile. She said she thought she was feeling better so I offered her some Gatorade and she chugged it all down. I haven't been able to get her to drink hardly anything for a week and even when she'd drink it would take her an hour to down a small glass of anything. Then she happily ate some cereal. This is huge given just how sick she's been for the last week. We seem to be on the road to recovery and I'm just so relieved.

We went to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor this afternoon due to her nosebleed and the doctor had to cauterize up in her nose. He explained to her that it would be uncomfortable but she just giggled through the whole thing. What a trooper! She isn't allowed to bend over or put her head down for a few days so that the vessel won't spring another leak until the scab forms over the area he cauterized. No worries...she's just planning on chilling out for the next couple days anyway and get back to normal by Monday.

Thanks for all the well wishes and suggestions from you guys...it really helped.

6 Comments:

Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Cauterization, better living through fire inhaling. (Ouch! [Don't mind me I'm squeamish. :-])

Glad to hear she's back to her old self.

2:44 PM  
Blogger Bubbie said...

You must have been worried sick yourself! Glad to hear that she is feeling better....weird bugs out there.

6:12 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

The other week, I was helping Jake with his writing and was showing him how to put his thumb between the words when I heard/felt a 'click' ... he proclaimed that I broke his finger and I nearly passed out! His joint clicked (I crack my own knuckles all the time) but the proclamation was in direct opposition to my basic programming as a daddy ... my OS nearly self-terminated!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: I thought she would find the cauterization painful but she just laughed.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Bubbie: Yes, I'm completely relieved!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

MDMHVONPA: Imagine if his finger had broken...he'd never let you line that one down! lol

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter