One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Wild Kingdom



Our local neighborhood newspaper had an eye-catching headline last week. "Bobcat Attacks On The Rise In Foothills Neighborhoods".

That's what you get when you live at the foot of a mountain and are surrounded by desert on the other three sides. It sure keeps life interesting around here.

I've yet to actually see a Bobcat but they are apparently out even in broad daylight roaming the neighborhoods in search of food. We all have walls around our backyards, that's just the way it is out here, and people have seen them strolling along the top of their six ft. high wall from one yard to the next. People have been finding their small animals half eaten, which is why we keep our little dog inside. I guess that means there's still hope for our neighbor's annoying beagle?

You get used to the rattle snakes and the scorpions, at least I do, because I know I can out-run them. But a Bobcat? Last night I was listening to the coyotes howling as I was falling asleep and couldn't help but wonder if there was perhaps a Bobcat in the mix. Yikes!

10 Comments:

Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Bobcat don't howl. They growl. :-)

Its a sound meant for effect at a much closer range.

As for the neighbor's dog. Yeah. It'd just take a swipe of two to silence it.

Perhaps you just want to leave a trail of meat and bloody bits up to the neighbors yard.

The cat will take of of leaving a second trail leading away from the yard.

10:55 AM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I guess the saying, "Here kitty, kitty" takes on a whole new slant, eh?

That's OK...we have coyotes in Seattle as well as the occasional black bear wandering about...keeps us humans on our toes!

Linda D. in Seattle

6:23 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: Hmmm. A trail of bloody meat bits...naw, I'd better not. But I can always dream about it.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda: A black bear?! That would be even worse. Yikes for sure!

6:27 PM  
Blogger pb said...

Would just love to see a bobcat, but have only seen suspicious footprints. The Inlaws missed seeing the bear in their yard yesterday. The neighbors told them all about it, and the destroyed finch feeder attested to it.

I would still love to see a bobcat.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

PB: I'd rather see a bobcat than a bear. Those bears are just so huge! Hopefully if there's ever a bobcat in our yard I'll have the camera handy.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

Wow! Poor animals being eating by the big bad cat. Crazy to think, but I suppose they need food too. Take care and 109`, that is crazy!!! Here is am b*tching about it being 100` already and it's 109` there. I don't know how you do it. Stay cool!

Jaime

3:31 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jaime: Yesterday was a record breaker...110! Yikes!

6:51 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Heh ... durned cats.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jaime said...

110`....I think I would have melted by that point. I imagine something like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz, only I am not wicked...at least not most days. :)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter