One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Aloha!


Aloha readers! A week from now we will be landing in Honolulu, Hawaii and we can't wait to get there! Here is a picture of our hotel right on Waikiki Beach. Looks just like paradise to me.
None of us has ever been to Hawaii before so it will truly be an adventure and we have all sorts of things planned. Number one on my list is surfing. No, I've never done it before and I probably won't even be able to stand up on the board but it'll sure be fun trying. My daughter says she'll give it a try too but my husband has a bit of a shark paranoia so I think he'll sit that one out.
We are renting a car so we can cover the whole island. The North Shore is one of the stops on our itinerary but I only wish it was winter so I could see the gigantic surf at Waimea. There is supposed to be great snorkling at Turtle Bay up there so that should be amazing.
Of course Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor are on our list as well as other places I can't think of right now. People we know that have been to Oahu have had all sorts of suggestions of places to see and the reason I'm writing this a week before we leave, is so that any of my readers who've been there can enlighten me with "must see" locales. How about it? Are there any other places that we absolutely should not miss?

11 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

Okay, I'm jealous! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii so have some fun for me. :) Have a great time....looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. And, surfing, sounds like a blast!! I'm sure I would become quite the pro at falling off the board ;) Take care and have a safe trip!

5:26 PM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

You know ... the Mrs has traveled the world but I've not left the lower 48 in all my 40 years. Such a home-body!

9:08 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Sigh...I've never been off THIS rock, let alone Hawaii...but I'm SURE you will have many adventures to write about when you return! Does hubby know sharks can swim in knee deep water??? Hehe...I've grown down right mean in my old age...

Linda D. in Seattle

1:30 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jaime: I'll definitely post a blog and hopefully some pics upon my return.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

MDMHVONPA: Never out of the lower 48? Not even to Canada or Mexico?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: Yep, hubby knows about sharks being in shallow water but I think he choses to ignore that part. He likes that false sense of security, I guess.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

Wow. Every day it drops to 40s here, I'm coming back to look at that photo...and dream...AHHHH

2:12 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Diane: Still in the 40's? Ouch!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Its looks lovely but it also looks hot.

Enjoy since heat doesn't seem to bother you. :-)

Have a lovely time.

I'll be ... Oh no... I've got to find some ukelele music. :-)

You're going to be serenaded on the beach in Hawaii. :-)

3:42 PM  
Blogger pb said...

Love the volcanic black bluff in the background!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

looking forward to photos...i have never been there and probably never will.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter