I Stand Corrected
Well it looks like I couldn't have been more wrong. About my sleep study, I mean.
My neurologist said that I did in fact fall asleep on several occasions, but I didn't realize I did because I immediately woke up just as I would drift over the edge towards sleep. He said in the short time I slept I woke up over 20 times. No wonder I'm always tired!
Have you guys looked at pictures of a CPAP? There's no way I'd be able to sleep with all that crap on! Are they kidding? I'm supposed to go to the sleep center and have a consultation about CPAP's. I suppose I'll at least do that but I don't see this working for me. I'm not "The Princess And The Pea" or anything but I need to be comfy.
On to other things...it's really hard to get on the computer these days with the kids home for the summer. They are always on it. So I apologize for not making my appointed rounds to all my favorite blogs but I'll do my best to get there real soon.
My neurologist said that I did in fact fall asleep on several occasions, but I didn't realize I did because I immediately woke up just as I would drift over the edge towards sleep. He said in the short time I slept I woke up over 20 times. No wonder I'm always tired!
Have you guys looked at pictures of a CPAP? There's no way I'd be able to sleep with all that crap on! Are they kidding? I'm supposed to go to the sleep center and have a consultation about CPAP's. I suppose I'll at least do that but I don't see this working for me. I'm not "The Princess And The Pea" or anything but I need to be comfy.
On to other things...it's really hard to get on the computer these days with the kids home for the summer. They are always on it. So I apologize for not making my appointed rounds to all my favorite blogs but I'll do my best to get there real soon.



6 Comments:
Don't they videotape the sleep studies? Your recollection and their facts should mesh on the video tape....ask about it.
Regarding CPAP, I've had several patients who had to wear them at sleep and although they are very cumbersome, they did finally adapt to them. The idea of not being able to breath kinda swayed their ultimate choice to use CPAP. LOL
Don't make any decision until you are fully informed. If you go with a preconceived opinion that you are not going to like it, then it won't. There are several types available nowadays and some that don't have to be worn all night. Per your sleep study, a schedule would be made.
I hope you get some good reports about them when you go to investigate and view them.
Anne
Anne: I really appreciate your knowledge. I was thinking of asking them to fax me a copy of the report before I go there again so I can be prepared,but asking to see the video is something I didn't think of. And they did videotape me. Thanks for the good advice!
I gotta tell ya...OSA...Obstructive Sleep Apnea and PLM (periodic limb movement) are the two sleep disorders I have. I tried the CPAP...for 8 months I tried. Never could get used to it because I'm so claustraphobic. I know some people swear by their CPAP and I think it IS a good thing...just not for little ol' me. sigh...
good luck with your consult!
Linda D. in Seattle
Linda: We'll see what they say at my consult. I guess I'd better get it scheduled. I really want to put it off but I guess that won't do me any good!
20 times!? Goodness ... thats certainly more 'awake' than 'asleep' if you ask me.
MDMHVONPA: You said it! At least I know that my "always tired" feeling isn't a figment of my imagination...
Post a Comment
<< Home