One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting Acquainted With My i Mac

My P.C. crashed on Friday. Why do computers keep doing that to me?  The computer was only just over a year old and is now completely useless. We took it to Data Doctors (I'm not sure if it's a local company or what) to see if it could be fixed and they said it was a total loss.  We definitely didn't get our money's worth on that one.  And prior to that we crashed another computer. Rather, I should say i Tunes made it crash.  This is getting very expensive.

We decided to go for it and get a Mac. I know, I know, they're about twice what a normal computer costs but we wanted something that would last and this seems to be it based on reviews. So now the challenge begins. Learning how to use it.

It's completely different and I'm spending my days playing around with it trying to re-learn how to do things. I'm used to sitting down here and using it without even thinking and now it takes me some time to do the things I do every day. They say once you get it figured out it's so much better than a P.C.  I hope they're right.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Emrich said...

I finally replaced my terror of a Dell laptop this summer. I even left the familiar landscape of Windows.

I bought a MacBook and I'm lovin' it. A few quirky things like using 'command c' to copy instead of 'control c' and the backspace = delete key. But I'm a happy camper so far....and it boots up so fast too.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Lisa: I was hesitant to leave Windows but I'm gradually finding my way around. Glad to hear you love your Apple because I don't want to buy another computer for years.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Blackbeltmama said...

You're going to be so happy in the long run. I miss my MAC!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Black Belt Mama: Good to know. I'm getting a bit more comfortable with it every day.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Enjoy your Mac!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Myelin: Still learning!

9:18 AM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Leaving you a comment right now from bed on the iBook G4...oh, and just to rub it in deeper, this laptop was FREE!!!

you'll get the hang soon...

Linda D. in Seattle

1:23 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: Free?????? Lucky you. I'm getting the hang of this thing now.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter