One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Here Snakey Snakey Snakey.....


When my husband when outside last night to spray for crickets he found something a bit more serious. A rattlesnake...right on our patio.
It was just a baby rattler but that doesn't really matter since they are born with fangs and venom. It was over a foot long and slithering right up against the house! I went out to have a look and it just stayed still and stared at us as we kept an eye on it for a few minutes while trying to figure out what to do. Trying to coax it out wasn't going to work. I found the above picture on the internet but it is very similar to our little visitor, maybe a bit fatter than ours.

We decided to leave it alone...smart move I know... and look in the morning to see if it was still there and if it was, there's a hotline you can call here in Phoenix and they'll come and remove the poisonous creatures from your yard. We looked for it this morning and it was gone. The question is where is it now? And perhaps a bit more important than that...where is it's mother?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I would never have been able to sleep knowing it was so near! I probably would have sat by the window watching it and praying it found its mom!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Snakes don't scare me but if it had been a tarantula or something I'd have lost some sleep!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Blackbeltmama said...

Ack! I hope you don't see it or its mother again!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Black Belt Mama: Me too!!!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I would have been freaking at the sight of it, and double-- no, quintuple freaking just thinking about a snake family in my yard. Geez, I thought it was bad enough with the occasional mouse in my yard! :-S

5:43 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Winsornot: Long time no see! I've been a slacker in my blogging lately but it's sure nice to hear from you. No sign of the snake again, thank goodness. Or its mommy.

9:54 AM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

I don't like spiders and snakes...hey wait! Isn't that a song?!?

I worry more when I HAVE seen them and then can't FIND them again....

Do do do do...(theme from Twilight Zone) LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

9:14 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: This was far easier for me to handle than the spider you were dealing with. That would have sent me into a tizzy for sure!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter