I made a Facebook page for myself about a month ago and I was just wondering if any of my blogging friends were on there too. I already had a MySpace page...I know I'm a little on the old side to have one of those but it's really the easiest way to communicate with my stepson when he isn't here and my niece as well (when we were on speaking terms that is).
I've reconnected with many friends from high school and gotten to know some new ones too. It's great to catch up with long lost friends and see what they've been up to over the last 25 years. Wow, has it really been that long?
It's funny too to see what people look like these days. Let me just say this...I sure am happy with the way I look. Some of the people I went to school with have not aged well and they tended to be the ones from the "in crowd". All of my friends still look pretty much the same but it's kind of like poetic justice to see old boyfriends who got fat (especially the guy who dumped me right before prom and now looks like he should be in the circus or something) and girls who wouldn't give me the time of day get fat too. Is it mean of me to hope they look at my profile so I can have the last laugh?
I've reconnected with many friends from high school and gotten to know some new ones too. It's great to catch up with long lost friends and see what they've been up to over the last 25 years. Wow, has it really been that long?
It's funny too to see what people look like these days. Let me just say this...I sure am happy with the way I look. Some of the people I went to school with have not aged well and they tended to be the ones from the "in crowd". All of my friends still look pretty much the same but it's kind of like poetic justice to see old boyfriends who got fat (especially the guy who dumped me right before prom and now looks like he should be in the circus or something) and girls who wouldn't give me the time of day get fat too. Is it mean of me to hope they look at my profile so I can have the last laugh?



7 Comments:
Search for my name and I'll confirm you as a Friend on Facebook. I only started on Facebook earlier this year myself.
Lisa: Cool! Consider it done.
I started a facebook page a month ago. I love it for the same thing. I get catch up people from high school and people who moved away from my church. I you want we could be friends, my full name is Elizabeth Woolley.
Lizzie: I'll look you up and add you as a friend :)
Look me up too. I'm Sherry Turner. I just started, primarily as a way of communicating with my stepson as well. Other MS'ers have found their way there.
I haven't found any high school friends. *giggle* but that's cuz state schools for the deaf, well they're another genre entirely.
Myelin: Cool!
Hi guys! I think it's so awesome that I've found some of you on Facebook and even better that you are also finding each other!
Post a Comment
<< Home