My Guardian Angel Was With Me Today
Talk about a close call. I don't think they come any closer than I just experienced a couple of hours ago. This is as close as I hope I ever come to being in a bad car accident and let me tell you it was close. So close in fact that I can't believe I was completely unaffected.
I was sitting at a red light in the left turn lane. I was the first car in line. There was a car sitting next to me to my right. As I sat there watching the light waiting for it to change I was startled by a very loud squealing noise and looked down from the light to see a large white truck careening towards me at a very fast speed. I had nowhere to go. I braced myself and went into some sort of self-preservation mode as I watched it and waited for it to hit me. By the grace from above the truck inexplicably veered at the last split second and missed me by about an inch, if that much, and proceeded to slam into the car sitting right next to me sending it spinning. The noise was deafening. I swear the guy driving was trying his best not to hit me. I could see his face and the way he was trying in vain to turn the truck away from me. I was the lucky one, unlike the poor guy next to me. The kicker is I had debated to myself whether I should go straight or turn left and I decided to turn left at the last minute. What a decision. That could have been me.
I got out of my car to check to see if it was okay as I couldn't see how I could have come away unscathed. It just didn't seem possible. No damage. There was a line of cars behind me and I was kind of wedged in between the scene so I pulled off onto a side street and called my husband because I was still shaking and couldn't drive. After I spoke with him I decided to go back to the scene and gave my report to the police. Thankfully everyone was able to walk away although two ambulances were there checking out the other drivers.
It's times like this that you realize how quickly life can change. It's a scary thought to think what could have happened.
I was sitting at a red light in the left turn lane. I was the first car in line. There was a car sitting next to me to my right. As I sat there watching the light waiting for it to change I was startled by a very loud squealing noise and looked down from the light to see a large white truck careening towards me at a very fast speed. I had nowhere to go. I braced myself and went into some sort of self-preservation mode as I watched it and waited for it to hit me. By the grace from above the truck inexplicably veered at the last split second and missed me by about an inch, if that much, and proceeded to slam into the car sitting right next to me sending it spinning. The noise was deafening. I swear the guy driving was trying his best not to hit me. I could see his face and the way he was trying in vain to turn the truck away from me. I was the lucky one, unlike the poor guy next to me. The kicker is I had debated to myself whether I should go straight or turn left and I decided to turn left at the last minute. What a decision. That could have been me.
I got out of my car to check to see if it was okay as I couldn't see how I could have come away unscathed. It just didn't seem possible. No damage. There was a line of cars behind me and I was kind of wedged in between the scene so I pulled off onto a side street and called my husband because I was still shaking and couldn't drive. After I spoke with him I decided to go back to the scene and gave my report to the police. Thankfully everyone was able to walk away although two ambulances were there checking out the other drivers.
It's times like this that you realize how quickly life can change. It's a scary thought to think what could have happened.



10 Comments:
Too much excitement! You bet your Guardian Angel was with you and whispered for you to be in the turn lane! Glad you were listening!
Ohhhh Miss Chris!!! How thankful I am that you were unhurt!! You definately have a guardian angel and I'm sure glad that He was watching over you and it seems like all the others too! Whew....eh?
hugs,
Suzy
Bubbie: You said it!
Suzy: I was definitely being watched over...no doubt in my mind.
i am so glad to hear that you are okay. it does seem that we have all these close calls...just fractions of an inch away from tragedy. it makes you wonder.
Merelyme: You're right. It does make you think. All I can say is "whew!"
Everything does turn on a dime as I have found out. I am so glad you were okay...
You had an angel on your shoulder. So did the others.
Wow.
Myelin: That near miss really made me realize that. It could have been/should have been much worse.
Sweet Mother of God! I'm speechless (which is a rare event).
Glad you are alive, safe, and relatively *well* in spite of MS.
Linda D. in SEattle
Braincheese: Yes, it was too close for comfort as far as accidents go. Hopefully it's as close as I'll ever get.
Post a Comment
<< Home