One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Meeting Kristi Yamaguchi

My daughter got to meet Kristi Yamaguchi this morning and be on the news with her. Very exciting! At practice yesterday the head coach at the rink asked if my daughter could miss school in the morning to be on the news with Kristi. Ummm...let me think for a second...YES! There were about 18 girls there to meet her and be on the news. They got to talk with her and get autographs and then Kristi came out to see the parents and chat with us and let us get pictures. She was so nice and friendly. I think all the parents were just as excited as their kids.
Definitely something my daughter will remember for a long time!

As far as skating is going she's doing so great. She landed her first axel a couple weeks ago! Just about one year exactly from when she first started skating. I think it's amazing. She's not consistently landing it (that comes with lots of time) but she landed 6 yesterday and managed 4 in a row! She was beaming. When she first landed it all the coaches in the rink cheered for her. I was glad I just happened to be looking at her that very second so I didn't miss it! Now she's working on her flying camel spin and her Bielman spin...if there is anyone reading this that knows skating you'll know what these things are. I'm pretty sure Black Belt Mama does.

7 Comments:

Blogger Becky G said...

Wow! How exciting! I've never been too sure of the difference between a toe loop and an axel, but I do know what a Bielman spin is, even if I don't know how to spell it!

8:56 AM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

YEE HAW! And a big WOW too...how exciting for both of you?!?

I'm no skater and I have no clue what those forms are that you talk about...but I know what World Champion means and can imagine the work it must take (and the honor it is to MEET one).

Linda D. in Seattle

9:20 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Becky: Yes, it's pretty exciting. That axel did wonders for her confidence. She's been at this a much shorter time than most of the other good skaters and I think sometimes she feels like she's a bit "freakish". But I think she feels like she belongs out there on that ice now. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: All us moms were like excited school girls...even a couple of the dads!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

Very very cool.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I have no clue what any of those terms mean but I sure know who Kristi Yamaguchi is! WOWZIE...... you and your daughter are getting around!

Modeling in spa ads, breaking bones and meeting stars.... some people have all the fun!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Myelin: Hahaha...not sure the bone breaking was fun though...lol :)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter