One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

My Mini- Vacation

I'm not sure you can call it a vacation because that makes it sound bad but I have the weekend all to myself and I'm actually looking forward to it.
My husband is in Nebraska visiting his family and my daughter is at her dads so it's just little old me for the entire weekend.  It's not like I won't miss my family but it's always nice to have some time where I can just enjoy the solitude. I don't have to worry about anyone else and what they want to do, I can be selfish and do whatever I want. Not that I have anything in particular planned because I really don't.  Sole possession of the remote control is very important and I won't have to con it away from anyone... like my husband who isn't comfortable unless he has it in hand.  I can come and go as I please... now if I only had someplace to go...
I'm sure by the end of the weekend I'll be bored out of my mind but I'm a bit of a loner at heart so I can get my loner tendencies out of my system and be ready to greet the family when they get back. In the mean time I think I'll just kick back, relax and enjoy the silence.

2 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

It is not what you do, but the freedom to know you CAN!

So lay around naked eating bon bons while watching Oprah if you must...sky's the limit!

Linda D. in Seattle

9:47 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda D.: Oooooohh... sounds like a good plan. I think I just may do that today, minus Oprah. She's not on on Sundays. :(

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter