One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Desert West Championships

I can't begin to tell you how proud and excited I am at this very moment. My daughter had a figure skating competition this weekend and blew me away.

For anyone with any knowledge of figure skating she has just moved up to the "No Test" level. This is a big jump from where she was previously and therefore her programs were much more difficult. Some kids have been in No Test for a year or more because they haven't yet gotten the jumps down needed to move up.  

Her first program was her "Dramatic" program.  She dressed up as "Annie" and skated to "Tomorrow".  She placed second out of a group of three skaters.  I can't tell you how exciting that was!  Her second program was her "Freeskate". This is more technical in nature and therefore more difficult than her dramatic.  She placed second out of a group of five skaters!  She skated it so well I literally had tears in my eyes.  Her third performance was her Compulsory program. This is where you perform the required moves without music. Another second place finish!  Going into this weekend we didn't really hold out too much hope that she would place very well because kids that are new to this level have a hard time. Not her, she was near perfect.

Since we've gotten our new computer we are still figuring how to do the videos but I'll try to have some posted in a day or two.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bubbie said...

It is so wonderful that your daughter has found a passion in skating. And how wonderful for you and your family to share in it all. Thanks for sharing with us.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Bubbie: Thanks for your comments! The skating has brought my daughter so much joy as well as confidence. It's so great as a mom to see a pre-teen with a confidence about her. I hope it continues through those tough teen years! :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I love figure skating. I watch it on tv and I've attended several "Stars on Ice" performances. Good for your daughter having such confidence and passion!

Jen

6:54 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: Thanks for your nice comments!

8:20 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

It is so amazing what kids can do these days...your daughter sounds like one of these amazing "kids"!


Linda D. in seattle

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter