One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Beginner's Luck?


Last night I played poker for the first time in my life and it was so much more fun than I thought it would be.  My husband's company had a Casino Night last night at a golf club here in Phoenix and brought in all kinds of tables for poker, blackjack, craps and a few other games and then gave us some fake money to play with and at the end of the night there were prizes for the people who won the most money. I didn't win the most but I did win a lot. I only wish it had been real money, but if it had I don't think I'd have bet like I did!

I played Texas Hold Em and knew absolutely nothing about the game when I sat down but there were lots of beginners  and the dealer said she'd teach us as we went along. That made it really fun.  After a while I started to get some really good cards and won some big pots so it got even more fun of course.  I think the big winner of the night came from the Craps table. That game looks like so much fun but seems very complicated. Some day I'd like to learn it and then play it in Vegas. I'm not much of a gambler though (I love the nickel poker slots in Vegas!) so I can't see myself betting too much but I guess you have to look at it as entertainment.

Anybody out there play craps?  That always seems like where  the action is and that's where I like to be...even if its just watching.

2 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Oh, Lord! Bar the door and call Gambler's Anon...LMAO My father used to play Craps, but I've never understood it either. And I suppose that's probably because, every time he tried to teach me, he changed the rules!!

Linda D. in Seattle

1:19 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda: You crack me up!!! :)

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter