One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm Not Mr. Magoo Yet.



My visit to the ophthalmologist went better than expected. My distance vision isn't too sub-par and my near vision is what's changed the most. No news there but it's the diagnosis that's kind of funny. The diagnosis is presbyopia, which means basically eye changes due to the normal aging process. The doctor said it usually becomes noticeable around the 40th birthday and is very common. I guess this time my medical diagnosis is good because it's actually something normal and I'm following the normal trends. How unusual for me!

The doctor said I can continue using the reading glasses I've been using or I can get prescription glasses as these may help more than the reading glasses from Target. I really don't want the inconvenience of glasses right now so I think I'll stick with the "old lady" glasses a while longer and see what happens. I have to say it's sure nice to leave a doctor's office with good news for a change!

4 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

There ARE some pretty hip and cool reading glasses out there...zebra prints, wild colors, etc. Yep, I'd go with those any day...
(and glad to hear you've not developed anything but aging!)

Linda D. in Seattle

10:14 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

it is something...my diagnosis of MS started with getting reading glasses. i talked about having optical neuritis over ten years ago and the opthamologist warned me of MS. then i get it. evil eye doctor!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: I'm looking for some "Cool" frames so I don't have that old school-marm look.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Merelyme: I wish doctors could give us some really good news once in a while, don't you?

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter