One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

I know that title is cliche' but I just couldn't resist. After all, it was my mom that used it on me last night to break some not-so-nice Christmas news. 

The family dirtbag, a.k.a. my sister's ex-husband, is coming to Christmas dinner at my parents house. I was looking forward to the family get-together but now I'm dreading it. How could this happen?

It turns out my niece and her dad (said dirtbag) were talking about him flying out here for the holiday but my mom knew he was never going to do it because he promises his kids stuff all the time and never follows through. Except this time. I think he did it to deliberately try and ruin Christmas for my parents and my sister. My dad is too nice a guy to turn this dirtbag away. He'll let him come and see the kids and even share in Christmas dinner but my mom plans on ignoring him the entire time. I despise this guy and will do my best to tolerate him but it won't be easy.

I've written about this dirtbag before but for those of you who don't know I'll keep it brief.  When he was married to my sister he was an abuser, not physically that we know of, but mentally. He gave them no money for food, he rarely came home, he treated his family like garbage.

I can't believe I'm dreading Christmas!  I wish there was some way out of this but I can't do anything without hurting my mom's feelings.  If there was a graceful way out, I'd take it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Sorry. What a schmutz! Can you maybe try some rooofies in his drink? I don't know what else to suggest, but try not to let him ruin your time too much..

Happy Festivus to you, Miss Chris

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa Emrich said...

Although it's going to be difficult, focus on your family. Interact with your sister and niece. Nothing says that you have to be anything other than cordial to the ex-brother-in-law. Be kind to yourself and try not to stew in negativity. Take a firm hold onto joy and love with your loved ones. Merry Christmas

5:47 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

oh no...that is going to be difficult. try to minimize thinking about him if you can.

just stopping by to wish you a happy holiday and to thank you for always being so supportive and kind. best wishes to you and your family for the new year.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: Maybe I'll just have a couple extra drinks myself :)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Lisa: Good idea. I think I'll try it your way, after all... I can be the bigger person.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Merelyme: Thanks! Your blog is one of my faves!

9:13 PM  
Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

Maybe Santa will land on his big, fat head? Just a thought...stranger things HAVE happened you know?

Merry Everything,

Linda D. in SEattle

12:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Linda D: Here's hoping!!!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Oh no! I missed this..so how did it go? I would have given you my advice (LOL) but it's too late. So what did you do?

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter