One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Enough Gloom Already!

We Phoenicians are definitely spoiled, I can tell you that. But I really appreciate how good I have it living here. I appreciate the 300-something days of sun we have each year, the single digit yearly rain totals, the always blue sky etc.  And during weeks like this I appreciate it even more.

Gloomy, dark, foggy, drizzling days are not typical here and we are on our third day in a row.  I don't know how people live in places like the Pacific Northwest (like our friend Braincheese) where it rains so much.  I may have a touch of Seasonal Affective Disorder. My dad has it and gets very down-in-the-mouth when it's not sunny and we are very similar in this respect.  When the sun is out I feel so great,  emotionally and physically, and when it's raining I feel a bit subdued, like I just can't get out of this funk. 

The sun is trying very hard to peek through just a bit for me today so here's to hoping it does. I just need my fix!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After day two, I'd be looking to go on a mini-vacation to where it is sunny and get rid of that SAD. It leads to major depression which is not a nice place to be.

I hope you are feeling better soon and that you can get away this weekend for a day or two to someplace sunny and warmer than your home turf.

And yeah, I'm jealous of the 300 plus days sun per year. It is 21 degrees here and we are awaiting a major snow storm to hit in the next few hours.

So I don't have SAD, Just MAD. LOL

Anne

1:49 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Anne: "Mad, not sad" lol I love it! Can I use it? Of course I'll give you full credit. :)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Miss Chris--

I just realized that we have the same blog template (hehehe.)

The weather here has been insane. Bill and I are wondering if the "End of Days" is approaching sooner than expected (our prediction is 12/12/12...) First it's 55 degrees so I'm sweating with the fans on and the windows open. Then it drops to 35 degrees the next day and I wonder why I'm cold. It's raining, then sleeting, then snowing, then raining again.

I really don't have that S.A.D. thing. I actually like winter except when the humidity is completely sucked out of the air. Then I electrocute myself whenever I touch metal! LOL

11:35 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: I know what you mean about electrocuting yourself. It's always so dry here in Phoenix that sometimes you get this gigantic spark when you shock yourself. I usually try and ground myself...

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter