One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Sorry If My Head Explodes

Whoever that man was pounding away inside my head last night has finally left me alone, and none to soon.  I had the migraine from Hell last night and even my medication didn't do much for this particular one.
Thankfully it came on rather gradually so I had time to realize what was happening and get a pill in me quick because sometimes they are on me so fast I really don't have the luxury of time. I think if I hadn't taken that pill I would still be suffering with it but it basically just took the edge off until sleep mercifully came.
I can still feel the migraine lurking somewhere in my head trying it's best to emerge again and try and ruin my day. Let's just say I won't be leaving the house today without my trusty little pill in my purse... just in case.
Hopefully I can keep it at bay... cross your fingers!

11 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Emrich said...

Yikes!! That guy better just move on to somebody else. That's what I say.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Lisa: I couldn't agree more!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I get headaches (I should say "faceaches") from the Betaseron. Like an icepick pounding into my forehead and eyes. Much sympathy to you....

1:36 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: Ouch... I've had the icepick ones before and those are the worst. This one was the full head pounding kind. It's over now, thank God.

6:41 PM  
Blogger pb said...

So, is it the time of year? The light levels, or what?

I can see the tiny, warning aura nearly all the time now, too.

Luckily I haven't had the banger you got. Glad you are past it.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

PB: It's hormonal. I get them before, during and after my periods. So it really ends up being off and on for 2 weeks at a time. That really sucks. I don't always get the aura you do but I think it helps to get that so you can pop that pill the sooner the better.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ach! I hate migraines! But I hear putting a damp cloth works sometimes. (though probably not as well as Advil) Have you tried that?

6:45 AM  
Blogger Herrad said...

Hope you are feeling better now.
Take care and keep warm and happy.
Love
Herrad

ps here is my partners /carers blog
http://screamingrichie.blogspot.com/

2:49 PM  
Blogger Herrad said...

Hope you are well.
Keep warm and happy.
Love,
Herrad

4:39 PM  
Blogger Herrad said...

Hope you are well.
Keep warm and happy.
Love,
Herrad

4:41 PM  
Blogger www.ConquerMS.com said...

Yes, monster headaches. For me it's optic neuritis making it's comeback. Little monkees stabbing me in head as I say. Try essential oils, the smells are relaxing and put my mind at ease.
I've got an article on my blog about essential oils and there benefits.
Robert

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter