One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Whew! I Survived The Holidays!

I'm sure some of you are wondering just how my Christmas Day visit with my family went.  I survived and came through it no worse for wear. I all but completely ignored my former brother in law and didn't feel bad about that one bit.  He said about two words to me the entire afternoon so it didn't take a whole lot of work on my part. My dad spoke to him kindly, because that's my dad and he can be cordial to anyone.

I didn't do anything for New Year's Eve and that's nothing new. I rarely make it until midnight anyway because I'm a girl who loves her sleep.  I was awakened by the random gunshots from the Indian Reservation that borders our subdivision to the south. I'd like to comment on that but I guess I'll chose to be P.C. (which I'm usually not) and let that one go.

Today was back to school for my daughter and back to work for my husband so I have the house all to myself again. I like a certain degree of solitude so I'm getting a lot done today.  Although I miss having the option of sleeping in...

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and a great start to the New Year!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Hi Miss Chris--

SO you didn't have to drug your ex brother-in-law to shut him up. Good. Our Christmas was nice but Bill and I have had some stupid bug (bad cold? sinusitis? who knows..) for like a week now. Not deadly but just super annoying. So New Year's was pretty dull and phlegmy.

Happy 2009 to you and the rest of Pheonix!...

Jen

7:23 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: Sorry to hear you had a phlegmy new year :( That's not exactly the best way to ring in the new year... Hope you feel better PDQ! :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger www.ConquerMS.com said...

Hi Miss Chris:
I happy everything is over with too, funny how one day turns into 2months of hoopla. We just spent the day home playing games with our twin daughters. Just loved it.
http://www.conquerms.com
Robert Groth

7:54 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Wealth: It's definitely nice to just hang out at home. Much less stress!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I never make it to midnight either! I think I was gone by 9 pm. LOL.

Glad things went okay!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Myelin: Glad I'm not the only one. lol

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter