One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Voracious Ravenous -itis


bewitched.jpg


Did anyone ever see that old Bewitched episode when she couldn't stop eating? Dr. Bombay diagnosed her with voracious ravenous-itis.  I know it's a made-up thing but I think I have it. Just kidding, but seriously, I am so hungry!  I seem to go through these peaks and valleys when I have virtually no appetite  for days and have to force myself to eat, to having days when all I want to do is eat. Fortunately it seems to balance itself out as I have maintained a steady 135  lbs. It definitely makes grocery shopping more fun to go when I'm starving because then I end up coming home with great stuff! 

10 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

135 lbs--- ME TOO (give or take)

Hi, Miss Chris....!!.......

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

I'm naturally a bottomless pit, but a few weeks ago, I was feeling extra ravenous. So I started taking multivitamins again and increased my protein intake and then it was gone!:)

9:29 AM  
Blogger mdmhvonpa said...

Again I say, Not Dead Yet!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: HI!!!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hannah: I used to take vitamins and felt really good and then I just got lazy. I should really start them up again! :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

MDMHVONPA: HI there!!! So nice to hear from you. :)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

I've been hanging on to 185 pound since my last attack in 1997.

Who needs the extra weight, right?

My appetite is insane (and so am I ... :-)

Its either non-existant or 'tiger'iffic.

The trick is to eat like an automaton, not to much and not too little, and either with a book on the table or while heaping heaps of praise on my wife for the delicious repast. (Make that heaps of praise even for a Meh.. meal because its probably my taste buds that aren't working. [And I know the alternative is my own cooking ... Yuck! :-])

Yo MDMHvonPA, how's it going? Your blog is dead or what?

11:26 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: It's funny how our appetite can be in such extremes. I'd rather just be moderately hungry all the time... but that would be too easy! :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Nothing tastes right anymore..... except rice, and that's rather bland and of course it is one of those things we CHOKE on.

BLAH. I did have a "magic fruit pill" (google it) on Christmas day that makes sour things taste sweet (it's natural, not a drug..LOL) and OMG...lemons, limes, oranges, etc tasted sooooooo goooooooood. Just for about ten minutes. Best ten minutes of my life!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Myelin: I'm going to have to look that pill up! :)

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter