One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, April 13, 2009

I Feel Icky

What a drag. My easter weekend was spent fighting off some icky sickness and I'm still fighting it. I noticed Friday that my throat felt weird.  Not painful or anything, just not quite normal. I tried denying it to myself most of the afternoon somehow rationalizing that if I don't admit to it, then I'm not getting sick. I'm sure I'm not the only person who does this?  Anyway, I finally had to fess up and admit I was fighting something off. You know how our beloved neurologists tell us not to get sick? That really ticks me off because I mean really... who wants to get sick? Aren't we always trying to stay healthy? Geesh, thanks for the tip, doc.

I've been diligently sucking on my Cold-Ese Zinc lozenges and they do work.  It kind of keeps things from getting totally out of control, although I still have my icky throat.  And to top it all off I've had a migraine every day since Friday because of course my monthly visit had to arrive at the exact same time as my cold. It figures.

I have to say that this is the first time in about two years that I've gotten even a little bit sick. I think it's due to the LDN I've been taking. Man I love that stuff! 

6 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

YOU are the one who spread this nasty cold virus around!!! I knew it could not simply be my OWN failing immune system, long hours, and licking all the ER floors I travel on...no, it was the force of Miss Chris all the way in sunny Arizona.

OK...I'm really just jealous of your sunshine.

Be well-er soon!

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to read that you are feeling icky. I have the constant throat thing going on all the time so I can sympathise with you a little.

I haven't forgotten about the LDN. I can't get a doc to write a scrip for it because all my neuro's feel that if I won't try one of the injectibles, then why would I want to try LDN which has not been proven.

Go figure. Anyway, I have been buying from alldaychemist.com and can buy it direct from them with no prescription, but I haven't found a pharmacy who will take the pills from ME and convert them into 4.5mg caps.

I know and have read all that you sent me regarding LDN and am willing to give it a shot (hmm, a try) but these damn neuros are not very supportive.

In the meantime, it is still something to consider.

I hope you feel better soon,
Anne

3:39 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: Okay, I admit it... IT WAS MEEEEEEEE!!!!

If only had had that much influence. lol

8:51 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Anne: If you can't get LDN, there are a number of pharmacies on the LDN website. Go to lowdosenaltrexone.org and scroll down. Stupid neurologists for not being supportive. They are SO closed minded it makes me sick. Try these pharmacies and I'm sure you will be successful in getting the medicine.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

You got a visit from Aunt Flo and a flu at the same time? That sucks! Hopefully you also got some Easter chocolate though.:)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hannah: I know... doesn't that just beat all! lol

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter