One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Bring On The Vampires

Through the urging of a friend, I have been reading the Twilight series of books.  I was skeptical at first because these books are for the adolescent age group, but then again so is Harry Potter, and those were great.  They are fairly substantial books, in that they have five to six hundred pages each, hardcover, yet I managed to read the first two books in about 5 hours. Yes, I'm a speed reader but the books are so good I just can't bring myself to put them down.  I have actually been shirking my household chores these past few days and my house is a mess but... priorities!  I'm now on the last of the four book series and when I finish it I'm going back to the beginning and start all over again. Crazy!

7 Comments:

Blogger BRAINCHEESE said...

My niece has really been into this series...when she visited last year, she was really disappointed we didn't make it up to Forks, WA!!

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

Ech! No thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying them, but those books look so dumb! Plus-The desperate devotion of the female protagonist in spite of her boyfriend's threats of violence strikes me as counter-feminist and kind of offensive.
Just my two cents.:)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hannah: I think it's purely entertainment and don't read too much into the underlying themes. I don't really see Edward as all that violent, in fact, if my husband paid that much attention to me I'd be thrilled! LOL

10:37 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Braincheese: The book definitely makes Washington State out as a beautiful place, even though I hate the rain. All the description of the greenery makes me miss that, since all we have is brown here.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Miss Chris--

I just bought Twilight at Target. We're going on a roadtrip on Friday, so I'll see how it goes.

I'm usually not a fan of a lot of fiction, but curiosity got the better of me....

2:08 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

I didn't think I was going to like it but obviously I do. The books get a little darker as you get into the series so maybe you might like those even if you don't like Twilight?

6:44 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

I'm too scared to read these books right now. My g/f really loves the vampire books but since I repeatedly have the same nightmare (which I won't bore your dear readers with) I don't want to grab ideas for it.

My mother loves vampires as well. Geez.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter