One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm Still Waiting...

My neck seems to have a mind of it's own these days and I'm still waiting for some relief.  Each day I  have an all to brief feeling that my neck is getting somewhat better. Then I realize that it's not, it's just that I'm learning to compensate for it by changing even the most basic ways of doing things.  Like driving a car. All I can say about that one is ouch!  Just try to drive without turning your head... it's really difficult. The mirrors can only help so much.  And then there's sleeping. I haven't been able to sleep any other way than on my left side for over a week now. If I try and lay on my back or my right side I get that all to familiar pain that makes me see stars. I really want to sleep on my other side for a change.  Is that too much to ask?  

It looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and see the doctor again because I really don't think this is going to go away on its own. I'm guessing there will be more physical therapy in my very near future but at least the guy who was my old physical therapist has moved. He tortured me.  I would be laying face down on the table and he would be kneeling on it above me so he could get maximum leverage on my muscles. He knew early on I had a very high tolerance for pain and he took full advantage of that during my sessions. But it worked!  Just grit your teeth and bear it.  The other patients would be looking on in complete horror thankful that he wasn't their therapist.  Hey, I'll do whatever works. 

Maybe this pain will disappear as mysteriously as it came.  I know that's wishful thinking but a girl can dream, can't she?

8 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

May I suggest seeking out a Chiropractor. I love them. They will actually fix the problem and not just medicate you.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Lanette: I've been considering that too. I'm not a big fan of popping more pills. :)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Funny- that happened to me and it turned out to be my thyroid...but that was 20 years ago.

Could it be? I went from Neuro to Neuro and it wasn't until I was diagnosed with thyroid problems (and started synthroid that it went away.

NO, I don't get the connection. Just passing along my experience.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Sherry; At this point, I think anything's possible.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

We use our necks for everything, so having excruciating neck pain must be awful! I hope your doctor can help you.:)

P.S. This might sound like a weird idea but have you tried magic bags? The ones that wrap around your neck?

10:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hannah: I haven't heard of those but I'm going to look them up right now. Thanks!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Chris, I'm telling ya...it was my thyroid.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Myelin: I'm gonna have to have that checked out.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter