One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back From San Diego!

                                              My daughter doing her best Baywatch impression.
                                             A peacock at the San Diego Zoo.
                                             The U.S.S. Stennis Aircraft Carrier returning to port.

For those of you who thought I may have dropped off the face of the Earth... I was in San Diego. Just a short family vacation but SO great to get out of Arizona!  We came home to 115 degree temps which were extremely hard to take given the 70 degree days in California.

We stayed at a hotel on the bay with  a view of the harbor. We lucked out because we usually get really bad views.  On our first day we went on a harbor cruise and got a real treat. The U.S.S. Stennis aircraft carrier was coming back to port from overseas and we got to sail right next to it. It was something to see, with all the sailors lined up around the ship, the helicopters hovering all around it, the F-16 fighters and everything. Very cool!

The next day was spent at the San Diego Zoo. Definitely one of the best zoos I've been to but all the walking really did me in. It was worth it though.

Next we spent the day at the beach. Ocean Beach, to be exact. It's a real trendy part of town with lots of little shops and a great beach.  we also drove to La Jolla to visit the aquarium. It was okay but kind of small. I probably wouldn't do that again but it was fun for the kids. No Sea World this time since we did that a few years ago.

All in all it was a nice vacation but it really did a number on me and I was recovering for about 5 days. I am just now getting my energy back and I've been home since Thursday of last week.  Now, if we could only get some reasonable temperatures here at home maybe I wouldn't miss San Diego so much.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Hannah said...

Great pictures! I particularly like the peacock one! San Diego sounds really nice! I'll trade your 'crazy hot' temperatures for the'unseasonable cold and rainy' temperatures here in Ottawa. Sound good? ;)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I'm envious! I'd like to get out there at some point. The weather here has (thankfully) been mimicking southern California's.

Nice pics and I'm glad you're back, Miss Chris :)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Hannah: I'd freeze to death in Canada. Even in the summer! :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Jen: I can't wait to get back there but I keep telling myself to just be patient because San Diego is pretty much what our winters are like.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Charles-A. Rovira said...

I'm sitting here, in my home office in Jersey City, in a puddle of my own swe..., uh, perspiration, and thinking of how hot it gets out where you are Miss Chris. :-)

As much as I would love to be in cool Ottawa, (Ontario, Canada,) Hannah, even when its raining, its only okay until the month of February when you get a week or so of -40º weather.

It was that friggin' cold when I was diagnosed back in 1985. :-)

Its always fun to read the comments on your blog.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Charles: So great to hear from you! :)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Diane J Standiford said...

My relatives loved San Diego, in the 1940's, great memories they had and never left. I agree with Hannah, that peacock! Put on a show for you guys! Hope u get your mojo back soon. :)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

Love the photos. Just love 'em. :-)

1:47 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Thanks, Diane!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Sherry: Thanks so much. It was a fun trip.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Glad to hear you had a good vacation. Those pictures are great...that is some peacock!

Hopefully AZ will cool off soon for you.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Chris said...

Thanks, Lynette.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter