One Crazy Chick

Here you will find the life and times of a 40-something chick. Yes I can be a bit crazy, but life's crazy too. I've learned to just grab hold and hang on for the ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old daughter, a 15 year old stepson, a handsome husband and the worlds cutest ShiTzu. I used to do karate but had to stop due to too many broken bones. All in all, life's good.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It Feels Good To Be Right

I had my follow-up appointment with my neurologist a couple weeks ago and it was proven, yet again, that my doctor is useless. Man I'm tired of being right!

I brought in a copy of the sleep study I had done a year ago to show him that the diagnosis of obstructive sleep apnea could not possibly be right. As I posted before, the study said I had 10 apnea episodes, all Central, not obstructive, yet the diagnosis was obstructive. Go figure that one out. Anyway, I showed him the glaring error and he was basically speechless. He looked and looked to see if there was a way I could be wrong (yeah right) and it turns out I was right all along.

The doctor said he would contact the sleep study doctor and make him aware of this error and let me know what the next step is. Well, it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard one little thing from him. Nothing as to why this glaring error was made in the first place, and by two doctors, no less, and nothing about what I'm supposed to do next. Do they not even care if I stop breathing during the night and don't wake up? Apparently not. Maybe some day I'll find a doctor I can trust but let's just say past experience leaves me doubtful. It looks like I'm on my own.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

That sounds very annoying, Miss Chris. Bill had a sleep test a while back, but he has the kind induced by being overweight--- obstructive---not neurological (central.)

I hope you find a better doctor(s) who can help you. Crazy what a neurological illness can do to one.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Hannah said...

Some doctors are such arrogant pricks who think they're God and surely "God" is never wrong, right?
;)

So frustrating! I hope you get it resolved and stick to your guns!:)

8:35 AM  
Blogger benning said...

Scary. I know I have a form of Sleep Apnea. I've learned that I can avoid it - or at least the choking and paralysis - if I don't try to sleep while on my back. And that includes naps.

So far, the only times I relive the frightening sensations of apnea, are when I stupidly let myself fall asleep while on my back.

Not a cure, but maybe you find the same to be true.

Good luck!

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Wellescent Health Forums said...

Unfortunately, as the patient, you have to consider that you have a more vested interest in being right than your doctor does. Your focus on researching your condition brings you closer to being an expert on the subject so you are likely to face many more of these situations as your knowledge grows.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter